Chapter 1, What happened?

Cira's POV

I look at that boy, searching my memories for a Jason but I can't find a thing.

I don't know a Jason.

He keeps looking at me, he looks hurt. Then he blinks and looks away.

I can't see clear, maybe that's why I don't get the expression on his face.

With his eyes on the ground he says: "Sorry wrong room, I'll call someone for you.''

He turns around, walking out of the door without looking back at me again.

''Thank you,'' The words come out as a whisper, probably not hard enough for him to hear.

Everything gets blurred again and my eyes close.

My mother enters the room a little later. So I force myself to stay awake.

Her eyes are bright and open, she walks towards me fast and sits down in the chair next to my bed. Her hair is tight back in a messy bun and she doesn't have her normal make-up on. She looks very tired and stressed.

''Oh honey, how happy I am to see you awake again.'' her eyes turn a little red when she scans my face.

''How do you feel?'' a small smile on her lips while she waits for me to answer her.

I slowly turn my head towards her. Moving too much hurts so bad. I open my mouth to say something but the words don't come out. I close my eyes for a second and clear my throat.

"I'm fine," I say, trying to make her worry less.

Her eyes harden, ''No that's not true. You can't even move your head." her voice harsh.

"I will call the doctor, you need more painkillers,'' she stands up.

"No!" I shout as loud as I can, regretting it directly after. I sounded like a grandma, and it hurt really bad.

"Please, I don't wanna go back to that cold, dark, lonely room." I feel a tear roll down my cheek and the monitor beeps faster.

Her eyes soften at my words, "I'm sorry Cira, that will make you heal faster," she says, and walks out of the room.

A moment later a middle-aged woman with a long white coat on, walks in the room. She has warm brown eyed and a friendly smile on her face when she approaches me.

"Good afternoon Cira,'' She speaks very clear as if I might not hear her.

''I'm Docter Jone, but you can call me Lily.'' she smiles and comes standing next to my bed.

I squeeze my eyes to see her face more clearly.

''How are you feeling?''

I close my eyes, searching for the right words. They don't seem to come to me.

''Speaking...'' Is al that comes out.

''You have trouble with speaking?''

I nod and see her make a note.

''And my eyes,'' I open them again with everything is still so unclear. I try to lift my arm to wipe my eyes but a shot of pain goes through me. Tears spring in my eyes again.

''Pain...everywhere,''

She nods again and looks at the machines now.

''It quite normal for you to feel this way. Your vision and speech will come back, how long that will take is not clear. It can be 2 days or a couple of weeks. We will give you medicine for the pain.

I feel the warm tears rolling down again.

''You will need loads of therapy to get back to your old self, but you will, we will help you.''

''What happ...ened happened?''

"You are in the ICU. You have hit your head several times during an accident, causing damage to your brain. Three ribs are bruised and your foot is broken. It may be that you suffer from memory loss, problems with thinking and concentrating, you can start to feel differently." I listen and try to understand it all, but the doctor talks so fast now.

''How long your recovery while take is not clear now, we will have to do some test on you later.''

I feel my headache get worse, my eyes close again.

What accident? What happened to me and why don't I remember?