III: Stranger Confidante Pt. 1

*Author's Note*

Hey guys! You might be wondering how did chapter three get split into two parts. Well, after much contemplation, I have decided to split it as it was getting really long, close to 10k words. It is due to the fact that I am currently editing the first few chapters before moving on to a new chapter.

I am aware not many authors edit before the book is completed but I felt it was much needed in order for the upcoming chapters to be more consistent, no matter how small the difference is. I do suggest going back to reread when I am done with editing as there are addition of some contents that you might not want to miss. It might also make better sense of my work ><

Changes will be updated to FF.net as well!

Edited: 19/07/2020 Happy Reading! <3

-Smiles: )

***

Over the weekend, Juvia went back to her home with her family.

"How is school going for you, sweetheart?" Metalicana asked as his daughter served their lunch—roasted veggies and grilled salmon made by Juvia. There was an arrangement with the two siblings when both of them were in university at the same time that they would return on weekends to stay. Metalicana had not seen Juvia for two weeks after she had stayed in her dorm to finish up her school work.

"It's been fine. Though, there is a sudden rush of deadlines now that the exams are nearing." She answered, all the while emptying a can of cat food into a metal bowl.

Below the counter, the family cat, Panther Lily—or Lily for short, circled her legs as she tossed the empty can away and took the food bowl into her hand. Soft mewls came from the feline as it anticipated its meal that was held above its head.

When she placed down the bowl, the creature was already waiting at its designated feeding spot. Unintentionally, she mentioned the swim meet that was happening at the later half of the year. "I've been getting ready for the swim meet at the end of this year as well, I have relaxed for too long during the last few weeks."

You wouldn't be able to attend. She brushed off the voice speaking at the back of her mind. Her hand trailed to Lily, patting its back gently as it began chowing down on its meal. "Eat slowly, you silly cat, or you'll end up throwing everything back out again." She wrinkled her nose and made sure Lily was eating at a normal pace before stepping away.

The younger Redfox scoffed at the table, piling up potatoes onto his plate while he spoke, "You still have months to go, you should relax a little. You're working too hard."

That earned him a hit on the head, causing Juvia to giggle at his pained expression. Metalicana rolled his eyes at his son when the latter grumbled even more.

"You need to start early for this sort of thing, even if it's three years away. Don't listen to him, sweetheart. When the time comes, I'll make time to support our little princess."

Juvia whined at the nickname. The older male unapologetic as he grinned and ate a mouthful of salmon and broccoli. Even so, Juvia was grateful at how supportive of a father he was and how supportive—but not showing it—her brother was. Gajeel was someone who was hard in the head but soft in the heart. She was sure Levy's soft but hard interior would be a great match for him.

Gajeel began conversing with their father about future plans for the workshop and Juvia found herself questioning herself.

Would it be worth it if she abandoned her family for love? A loving family she had gained over the past fifteen years of her life, would she be able to do that? For Gray? It sounded ridiculous to her to even think of it.