11 - New Start

It had been a while since Hoseok had last reached out to Yoongi. And "a while" meant two days.

The longest two days of Yoongi's life.

It felt so pathetic to hang onto someone like this. Gripping onto one person with every tug in his heart who only seemed to pay attention to him to tease with his mind.

Did I do something wrong?

Now Yoongi's own mind was messing with him. Telling him things he should have done and thinking of different scenarios and different outcomes of said scenarios. It was all a mess.

He bought me a phone. A fucking phone. And hasn't said a thing since.

It then clicked in Yoongi's mind. Hoseok had only spoiled him to get something out of him. But Yoongi wasn't like that. His love couldn't be bought.

In that split second of realization, he came to the conclusion that Hoseok was just shallow. Rich and could do anything on the whim to get anything out of anybody.

Yoongi hadn't given into him, and that's why he was being ignored. It all made sense now.

For the first time in a long time, Hoseok was nervous. Over a guy.

Over Yoongi.

He felt inhumane for not feeling bad about Jimin. Part of him felt awful for that very reason, and the other part of him felt exhilarated for having a...
a crush?

It was almost as if his thoughts and feelings were suddenly childish. He should feel bad for Jimin and console him. Not suddenly run to someone he barely knew yet wanted to desperately know at the same time.

Am I doing something wrong?

The short time he contemplated reaching out to Yoongi felt like weeks. And he was tired of it.

Hoseok slouched into the loveseat of his lavish living room. His freshly dyed, red hair almost blended in with the soft, velvety leather couch. Looking up the crystal chandelier above him, he contemplated even more about what to do next.

He then thought about the tech store. Buying Yoongi's phone. What he said after. Yoongi's look of shock.

hopeseok218: I think it's time you pay me back

Jimin sat alone at the bar looking down at his hands. He hated drinking when he was sad, but he tried not to think of it that way. This was a treat. For all he had gone through emotionally, he could at least treat himself to something he enjoyed. Just a drink or two wouldn't hurt.

The bartender approached Jimin, ready to take his order. "What'll it be tonight?"

The man's voice was strong yet smoother than silk. Every word fell off of his tongue with ease. It caught Jimin's attention almost immediately.

As he looked up, he noticed the bartender's tall stature. His body was obviously strong, but his facial features were soft. He was also tall, 6 ft. at least.

Perfect for cuddling.

Wait.

Did I just think that out loud? Jimin questioned to himself.

"Hello?"

Jimin suddenly noticed the man's hand waving in front of his face, trying to bring him back to reality.

He suddenly sat up and then sunk back into the table, propping his head up with his arms. "Sorry," Jimin mumbled. "Had a long day."

"No worries man," the man said leaning into the bar table.

Jimin couldn't help but notice his honey-like skin. The bartender seemed to be a model. How was he working here and not walking down a runway?

"I'll take an old f-fashioned."

"Coming right up," the bartender laughed.

Fuck, did I stutter? Jimin once again thought to himself.

Just then, he noticed the notifications on his phone. He could have easily gotten caught up in a more passionate situation to alleviate the pain he was feeling from Hoseok. All of these people lining up in messages just to have a piece of Jimin.

But here he was. Sulking at a bar.

But by chance this bar was empty. And by chance the only other person there was a very attractive bartender.

No reason to sulk, right? The situation at hand felt like a little destiny. A small scenario that could lead to a big future.

Now I'm overthink-

"Here you go."

The drink slid a few inches right into Jimin's view. The short glass about to be downed in mere seconds.

And in just a few seconds, it was.

"Woah..."

The glass then left Jimin's lips and he set it down, only to notice the bartender staring.

But for what? People probably came to this place all the time and downed shots by the second. Nothing Jimin did was really impressive in that moment.

"Hmm?" Jimin stared back at the bartender.

The stranger gave Jimin another glass, this time handing it over rather than sliding it over. "What's your name?"

He leaned even farther into the long bar-table, closer in front of Jimin, causing him to gulp.

"I'm, uh. Jimin. Park Jimin."

"Nice to meet you, Jimin," the bartender said reaching out a hand.

"I'm Kai. But you can call me Jongin."

________________________________
hey guys, long time no see. sorry this chapter is so short oml 🥵 I was gonna add another part but I don't want a steamy chapter right after a steamy chapter lol gotta keep everything balanced ya know

I have also resurrected red-haired Hoseok bc we all know that look is superior :))