▸ Ch. 2: Thriller ◂

A/n: I apologize for the possible spelling errors from the Torah scene. They didn't have it in the subtitles so I borrowed from the original script for authenticity, so I apologize for any incorrect information or spelling. Reader's scene is inspired by a scene from the conjuring cause I am unoriginal af and I am a fool for making myself do this since I hated that movie and how it stressed and scared it made me but hey it was writing inspiration so yeah. Anyways, spooky chapter ahead :( Eddie + reader content coming soon!

· · ─── ·𖥸· ─── · ·

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥'𝐬 𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞
𝐀𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐳𝐞𝐝

- Michael Jackson, Thriller

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

     "He thrusts his fists against the p-posts,"

     Anyone who knew Bill well knew of his pride in his bike, Silver. Countless times had he been found barreling down the streets on his pride and joy at impossible speeds, crying out in joy.

     "Hi-yo Silver, away!"

     Now was not one of those times. Currently, Bill was descending Jackson St. wheeling Silver alongside him as he practiced the tongue twister his mother taught him, as an exercise for his stuttering. He was never quite able to make it all the way through, but that never stopped him from trying.

     "The thrusts his fist against the p-po-" He shook his head angrily, licking his lips. "Shit!"

     At that moment, he had reached the familiar scene of his driveway. One of the garage doors, he noticed, was open. His dad must be woodworking, he presumed. Sure enough, when he parked his bike in the usual spot, his dad was waiting for him. He took his eye goggles off and turned around, facing away from his current woodworking project.

     "Need some help?" He offered, walking into the garage. "I-I-"

     "I thought we agreed." His father sighed.

     Bill's stomach dropped. He looked to his makeshift model of the sewer system he had created. It was made from borrowed parts of his hamster's tunnels, with two accompanying bins representing different areas of the town.

     "Before you say anything-"

     "Bill,"

     "Just let me show you something first." He insisted, walking towards the model.

     He eagerly picked up the little green toy soldier, dropping it into the tube labeled Witcham. He grabbed the hose that was still in place from his last attempt and stuck it in the tube, turning it on. The little army man clinked and thunked down the tubes, finally popping out into the other end and into the bin labeled THE BARRENS.