Chapter Two: Yikes

The plane had landed a few hours ago. I must admit that this place is a lot nicer than where I grew up. And our house...our new home is beautiful, it's big, has a nice yard, it's just eerie. Like something's off. I don't know what it is, but I ignore the feeling because of the amazement I feel. "I'm shocked we could afford this, you have a part time job and sheyennes alone couldn't possibly help pay." I question.
"Well she had some support from her parents, and theres better jobs out here anyway for the both of us." He said taking boxes out the u haul. I don't know, something about how quickly we were able to move, and how nice this house is, seems strange to me. I look up to see a woman across the street staring hard at us. "Brenden look! That must be one of our new neighbors" I say excitedly. We walk over to introduce ourselves, "hey, I'm kaley we jus-" I start but come to a halt as she cuts me off "my names Alaina. I have two animals that I hope don't bother you, if they do inconvenience you in any way come to me, I'll put an end to it. Anyway I prefer to spend my time in solitude so if you excuse me." She said while walking back. Her words were cold and almost emotionless, like everything she said was rehearsed over and over. "Well she seems rude" sheyenne says. "She seems like a fucking loser" brenden says. "I think she's probably just lonely. I'm gonna try and be her friend." I say. "Good luck with that. I know you didn't have many before but raise your expectations a little. She wants to be alone" brenden smirks and crosses the street. I go to help with the boxes and get settled into my new room. What's strange is there was already some clothes in the closet, they looked like they were for a girl, around my age, around my size, which startled me. I tried them on and they were very revealing but I loved the way they made me feel. Sheyenne walks in "hey just saying we- kaley...is that lingerie?" She starts laughing her ass off and closes the door. I can hear her yelling for brenden so I hurry and try to take it off and cover myself in a blanket. Brenden pokes in "you hoeing around in here? Where'd you get the lingerie?" I'm stunned for a second but regather myself to say "I swear to god, I found in the closet along with some other weird shit" he checks the closet and sees the other things that he knows aren't mine. All he says is "strange." And leaves. I get changed into my pajamas and follow him out "we passed a graveyard on the way here. Is it fine with you if I go check it out? You know I find them comforting." I say in a serious tone "of course" he agrees.
I walk to the graveyard, by this time it's almost night. I walk through it a little and admire the view. I notice a boy sitting looking upset so I sit next to him. "Hey, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. I just always used to visit graveyards after my parents passed away and you looked like you needed a friend" he smirks "you have no idea" he says softly.
"Who did you lose if you don't mind me asking?"
"No one. Just my morals. I come here only when the person I live with makes me wish I were dead."
This surprised me "wow. I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever need someone to talk to. You know where to find me, I was in a similar situation once. My mother was abusive. Anyway I just moved into that big house down the road across from the mansion" his eyes widen a little "THE MANSION WITH THE LAKE!? YOU DIDNT MEET THE OWNER HAVE YOU!?"
I shake my head yes "she's certainly different."
He collects himself "let's just say I live very close to there. Be careful around her, she isn't who she seems to be. My names ramon by the way. She's a HUGE meth head."
"I'm kaley, and is she really?" I stare at him anxious for that good tea.
"I don't know what she's on but she's looney. Anyway I should go, I don't have a lot of time out, and I have to catch up on greys anatomy." He says while getting up. "Well it was nice to meet you ramon, I'll see you around" he says nothing and walks away. I can't help but wonder what his relationship was to Alaina. She seems sketchy, hell, my whole life here so far seems sketchy. I begin to walk home but as I pass Alaina's mansion I hear yelling inside. I'm interested and nosy so i peak into the window to see her with her face painted. She has her short black hair straightened, with a black dress, and what looks like cat whiskers drawn on her face. I see her yelling at a man and try to listen "why can't you respect that I don't want to have sex right now!?" Followed by a mans voice "you never do! Why trap me in a marriage when you treat me like a slave, trash, and refuse to acknowledge that we're married!??" I realize that this is something personal for them and it's wrong for me to listen so I back away and fall into a bush unintentionally, making a noise. She comes to the window to look but by then I'm running. After making it half way across the street I notice there's someone behind me. My hearts racing, my breaths hyperventilating, im scared for my life. I feel a push on my back and fall to the concrete pavement. I'm dizzy but when I open my eyes I can see ramon "kaley?" I barely hear it. "I'm so sorry, she sent me out to catch someone and I didn't mean to push you that-...." the rest was a blur. I couldn't help but lose consciousness as my head hit the ground pretty hard.