Chapter 6: Badminton

Third Person's POV

Today, Elliana has a friendly date with Dawson. They planned to play badminton.

For today's friendly date, Elliana decided to wear pink sweatshirt and sweatpants. While Dawson just wore a plain shirt and pants, not really caring what to wear.

"Hey have you eaten breakfast?" Elliana asked, smiling.

"Yeah." Dawson answered.

"Let's start playing?"

"Wait, I invited Ryden and Liam too. So let's wait for them."

"But I thought this was a date."

"A FRIENDLY one." Dawson corrected.

Elliana couldn't help but sigh. She sighed in defeat.

Ryden and Liam didn't take that long and arrived 10 minutes later.

"Look how I'm gonna beat you Ryden, I trained for 20 hours." Liam said with full confidence.

"It's not about how long you practice, if you don't have skills, then the practice is not worth it." Ryden shot back.

"Well let's see then." Liam smirked.

"Wanna start playing badminton, Dawson?" Elliana asked.

"Sure."

They started playing and Dawson got the first point.

"Let the game officially begin." Elliana announced with a smirk on her face.

After a few rounds, Dawson was becoming frustrated with Elliana.

Why? Elliana would either serve low or she would hit it with zero force, resulting the shuttlecock to not even reach Dawson's side.

But Dawson was kind-hearted and didn't want to hurt Elliana's feelings so he just played along.

Right now the scores are 15-6. With Dawson being in the lead, because of Elliana's fouls. But soon, Dawson became more and more frustrated. He couldn't take it anymore, so he called for a break.

"Why are you hitting the shuttlecock so weak? Don't you have strength or something? I'm sorry but I'm very much pissed off, that's not how you play badminton."

"I'm not? What are you talking about?"

"What do you mean you're not? The shuttlecock doesn't even reach my side. And also, when it's clearly you're fault, you will coach me, telling me how to play right."

"Let's just play okay?"

"No. Not if you're gonna keep playing like that."

"See? You can't beat me!" Ryden laughed out loud, which caught Elliana and Dawson's attention.

"I'm just testing you okay. I haven't tried my best, or should I say I'm not even trying." Liam rolled his eyes.

Ryden just continued laughing like a mad person. It took him 10 minutes before completely calming down.

"Anyways, back to what we're talking about." Elliana breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah, let's call this friendly date off. I'm frustrated and I can't concentrate." Dawson answered while grabbing his stuff.

"Wait, the game hasn't finish yet." Elliana ran after Dawson.

"It doesn't matter, I'm so done with this game, and with you." Dawson stared at Elliana before leaving.

Elliana sighed and went back to the court where her stuff were.

"Hey where's Dawson?" Ryden asked.

"He left." Elliana answered.

"Oh."

"Wanna play?" Elliana asked.

"Uhm, nah. We're actually about to leave too." Ryden smiled akwardly before dragging Liam out of the court.

Elliana once again sighed before grabbing her stuff and leave.

---------------------------

"Have you ever thought of confessing to Dawson?" Miya asked.

"Yeah, sometimes." Elliana replied.

"You know everyone knows that you have a crush on him right :p"

"Yeah."

"What do you think his reaction was?"

"He already knows that I have a crush on him and his reaction is you know a bit happy."

"AYIEEEEE."

-------------------------------------

"So how was your friendly date with Dawson?" Mariana asked.

"It was fine, but then he invited Ryden and Liam, which he didn't tell me." Elliana replied.

"Well it's okay, at least you spent time with him :p What else happened?"

"Well we were playing but then he told me that my hits were too weak and it won't reach his side."

"Hm, have you eaten before?"

"Yes. It's just that when I play badminton with Dawson, I can't concentrate."

"Well I guess you should sometimes try concentrating and hit harder."

"I guess so. Thanks!"

------------------------------

"So how was your date?" Liam asked, grinning.

"FRIENDLY date. And not to mention it went bad." Dawson answered.

"Why? What happened bro?" Ryden asked, chuckling.

"You see, Elliana's hits are so weak. And I was FRUSTRATED."

Liam and Ryden looked at each other and laughed.

"What's so funny? For your information, I don't like her." Dawson asked, frowning.

"But you guys look cute together!" Liam and Ryden both said in unison then laughed again.

Dawson glared at the both of them and said,

"You guys better run now or you'll die early."

And in no time, they both ran. Dawson chased them not long after.

--------------------------------------

Hi!

-XOXO, Erika