The Lost Boy

A little while passed by, before Calista came in to check on him again.  The girl was in her frog onesie, yawning as she shuffled around the lair before walking to his room.

Jack jumped at the sound of the door opening before looking confused at the innocent look of the girl in the doorway.

Calista looked up at him and shrugged "what? I’m tired okay…"

Jack looked away, not wanting to make her mad, wringing his hands out.

the girl sighed "hows the stitches...?"

She noticed some blood dripping down, like he was struggling a bit, though he seemed to be avoiding touching or looking at it.

she walked over, no mask or makeup or anything, taking a clean cloth and wiping the blood "you don’t like blood huh?"

he closed his eyes, breathing a little heavier as she cleaned off the blood, shaking his head to her question.

"You don’t talk much either…" she mumbled, cleaning up the wound thoroughly before she sat on the other end of the bed "You should be fine but I can get you some water...?*

He looked a little sheepish before nodding, clearing his throat.  It sounding super gruff and dry.

she smiled a little and rubbed her neck before she got up and got him some water in the kitchen, before walking back and giving him the glass, clearly not sure how to deal with people.

"Th-thanks" he tried to say his best, wincing at the pain, taking the glass.  He tried his best to grip the glass, looking incredibly weak and thin, almost close to skeletal.

She watched him before she moved closer and helped him hold the glass.

Jack continued to move the glass as she helped him, sipping the water carefully, wincing before sighing as the water coated his completely dry throat.

She slowly took the water away and put it on the small table "Better?"

He nodded, keeping his mouth shut as to not pull out the stitches.

She looked at the stitches and shrugged "you’ll be fine".

He smirked slightly with a nod before picking up the notepad and pen

she rolled her eyes playfully "So you’d rather write, okay…" she chuckled lowly, shutting her mouth to try and control herself. She was not going to let a boy break her wall that easily.

Jack looked at her with a huff, pointing at his stitches on his cheek as he looked almost adorably flustered.

Calista raised an eyebrow "they’ve healed abit you should be fine…" she mumbled, crossing her arms with a small pout.

He ripped out a piece of paper, crumpled it and tossed it at her

She huffed and grabbed the paper that had landed on her lap, picking it up and chucking it back at him "that’s rude".

"You uyde" he said to the best of his ability, just making rough mouth noises.

She covered her mouth to stop the giggling "it must be weird not talking properly…"

he swiped at her with a growl at her comment but couldn't even reach her with the restraining magic, sounding more like a small animal than anything threatening, though she could see his fingernails were now sharp.

Calista yelped and leaned back before she looked down at his hands. She let out a slow breath before she loosened his restraints slightly "do you know why your hands do that..?"