Chapter (19) Live with some pain.

Kaé

Kaé.

I receive an iMessage from Shay, it's her location.. She's at Taía's house, so is Lhelani. I text Serenity on snap and she calls, "I think it's about to go down."
"I'm pulling up." She responds and I fly down my stairs and out the front door.

A few minutes of impatient waiting later, Serenity pulls up in front of where I was standing and I hop into the passenger seat. She turns to read my facial expression before speeding around the corner.

"before you ask I know where they at." I looked at her blankly. I didn't care just as long as we were getting there, Lani needs to be alive.

~

We pull into an alleyway near the house and Serenity gets strapped up. Pulling toe guns out of her glove compartment, I just watched her positioning them neatly on her waist. "Y'know just in case shit goes down, down." We both looked at each other then at the open door.

I walk into the house, hearing soft sounds from upstairs. I speed up the stairs and see a light on in a room down the hallway. I walk further down and see Shay and Lhelani tied up in a corner of the room. I saw Rochelle sitting on a stool in the other corner of the room, cleaning up blood from her leg.

She looks up as one of her friends enter the room behind me. Rochelle pointed to Lhelani's body, "She'll be up soon." From downstairs, I hear the faint sound of a gun being taken off safety, how I hoped it would be Serenity.

"Why your dad couldn't just stick to his other job? He would still be rich no? His ass had to go and be a drug trafficker and mess with the streets. Then you found my brother and your family was back on top. He done that shit to get by in life. Your dad on the other hand just wanted status and control. Just like fucking you."

"How much you tell Taía? You tell her it's my brother? You tell her you out here dropping bodies? Nigga your ass is fucking sick. Why you even want me?" I huffed, confused as to why she wanted to come and 'get me back'.

She just looked in my face as I spoke to her, fucking bitch. I couldn't stand face to face with her again and not let her know she doesn't deserve a thing from me. "You better untie her ass." I spat.
"And why should I? You aren't with ME yet."

I laughed right in her face as she stepped closer and closer to me. She signalled to her 'friend' who was standing in the door way, they swung at me, striking me in the side of my head.

Mistake 1, not ducking. My head started to throb and I clutched the side of my head. Mistake 2, not hitting back. They drew back their foot and it landed right on my knee, that shit sent me to the ground. I watched as Rochelle walked over to me and they started to repeatedly kick my stomach. I groaned in pain and heard footsteps rush up the stairs.