Chapter (18) Not a steamy exchange.

Kaé

Kaé.

It's taken us weeks to get a hold of Serenity, I lowkey did expect this because this is how Rochelle moves. I don't know how I thought it would be any different. It's like if you ask them for a big thing, they take big time - doesn't make too much sense. All that matters though is that she's willing to turn up on Rochelle.

She's never trusted Rochelle fully. Which is good don't get me wrong, but how do we know she won't stir some shit up and fill Rochelle in? It's a risk either way.

I walk out of a random block of apartments and get a call from an unsaved number. I answer waiting for the person to speak first.
"It's Serenity. Stay still, I'm following your location." I looked at the phone and started to get loud.

"Don't track me bitch."
"Too late." Serenity chuckled. I watched as she hopped out the driver side of a blue BMW. I almost forgot she was old enough.

"I landed last night, made sure Rochelle didn't know. She'll think it was a surprise for her." Serenity started.
"I've got some weapons engraved with her name on it, if you wanna make it a 'suicide' thing."

I nodded my head listening to her list things she had brought for us. "Also don't call that number, it'll call you. I think Rochelle is trying to get to your peoples with that Taía girl. She talks about her a lot, it's so annoying. It's like she's a scary bitch catching feelings."

I laugh and Serenity gets back into the blue car and speeds off. Weird.

Taía.

Leaving from Shay's house today, felt a little different. I felt as though someone was watching me. I ignore those feelings regularly but this time an alarm was going off in my head, but for what?

As I got to my front door, an arm pulled my body back and turned me to face them.
"You smell like sex." but I didn't do anything.
"I haven't had sex.." She glared at me as if I said something about her parents and she was about to go off.
"but you smell like sex. So what is it? You like smelling of sex?" I shook my head.
"Well fucking stop then." She screwed up her face as she stood watching my every move.

"I didn't have sex." It's been a few weeks, something like that - since me and Shay have been getting 'close'. We haven't done anything, just sat in each other's presence and talked. What she's smelling I'm not sure.

She slammed her hands against the wall, directly by my head. I jumped back and Rochelle just laughed at me. "You're going to set up Lhelani." No, please, no.

I swallow the knot that formed in my throat and Rochelle pulls out my phone.. How the hell did she get it? She puts it into my hand and unlocks the phone, dials Lhelani's number. As it rings she puts it on loud speaker and my mouth becomes dry.

"Hello." Lhelani spoke through the phone and I started to stumble on my words.
"Are y- you busy?" Rochelle looked up at me and had an irritated face.
"What's the matter? You don't sound good, I'm coming over." I guess she could sense the panic in my voice and made the choice to come over.

"Not so hard to do, Taía. Not so hard." Rochelle's words echoed around my head as she repeatedly punched me in my stomach.

~

Shay.

"I don't do commitment, I'm a tease. Fuck around and you gonna go down on your knees." I sing as I organise my wardrobe. "Smoke the best grade, what a fucking g. Bad bitch get out my house like some instagram meme."

{ author's note: I made this up😂. }

I stopped singing when my phone started to ring loudly. I answer putting it to my ears.

"Yoooooooo."
"Your girlfriend called, I'm going over there. She sounds distressed." I rolled my eyes.
"First of all, she's not my girlfriend and never will be. You think it's Rochelle?"
"Could be, hurry up and come out ya house."
"Alright, alright." I said as I stood in the middle of my room in my underwear. Nowhere near ready and knowing Lhelani she would be outside.

I pull on black leggings and a black hoodie, stuffing my phone into my bra so I can run out of the house. Lhelani was sitting on a brick wall across from my block, in an all black fit. Shit seems like it's about to go down.

She crosses the road to me and I ask, "You told Kaé?"
"No." she responds as she speed-walks to the top of the road. I try to keep up with her speed but I can tell she's not going to slow down, so I just make sure I can see her as she walks ahead.

It seems like we were walking for an hour but I'm just unfit, so I was out of breath walking for around 30 minutes. We turn into Taía's walk way up to her house and see her spread out in-front of her door.

I send my location to Kaé before throwing my phone into a bush near Taía's front door. I prepare myself to pick up Taía and push her into her open door. She was unconscious and very heavy.

Lhelani follows behind me, helping me get Taía into her house. We heard a noise and Lhelani stopped helping me carrying Taía and was fixed on where the noise came from.

I rest Taía on her living room floor and follow after Lani. She starts on the stairs and stops as the sound of metal scraping away at wood, comes from somewhere upstairs. Lhelani retreats and rushes into the kitchen. I hear her draw a blade out of the knife rack and her footsteps coming back towards me.

The backdoor next to the staircase flies open and someone wraps their arm around my neck. I struggle to get their grip loose feeling my chest tighten. Lani slashes their forearm and they instantly drop their arm. They try to lunge back at Lhelani and she drives the blade into their side, making them drop to the floor.

Lhelani spits on the body shaking on the floor and moves swiftly up the stairs. A light switched on at the end of the hallway and we approached with caution. Lhelani saw someone moving about in the room and started moving quicker, she was tripped by another person's leg and fell onto the floor. I dived at the person but they easily scooped me up, restricting my movement.

I saw Lhelani get up and jump at Rochelle, who was the person in the room. Lani stabbed her legs twice before Rochelle grabbed her by the head and pressed her pressure point. I started to fight as I saw Lani fall limp and I was stabbed with a needle. The room started to blur and I was out.

...

{ author's note: ellipsis bitch😂. }