welcome to storybrooke

regina's POV:
i wake up and it's the same morning as every day. i put on my robe and go to henry's room to wake him up. i don't know what i would do without him. he's all i have. i've never been able to have a child of my own, so i adopted him cause i was alone. completely alone.

i walk slowly to henry's bed and look at the beautiful boy who is sleeping so peacefully. i bend to him, kiss his forehead and whisper "good morning my little prince. come on, get up and we can have breakfast" he wraps his hands around my neck and pulls me closer.

"i wanna cuddle" he says sleepily and i'm more than happy to grand his wish. i lay on his bed and wrap my hands around him protectively. "i love you momma" he says so cutely that i can't even say anything, but smile hugely.

after what seemed like 30 minutes of cuddling we went down to the kitchen and ate the breakfast. "i'm sorry henry, but mommy has to go to work." "nooo!! mommy not work!!" he quickly rans to me and hugs my legs. i grab him and hold him in my arms. "look henry, i really have to go, but i will take you to mary margaret, is that ok??" "mary?? are we gonna watch snow white??" "i'm sure you will!!" "ok" he says and buries his head in my neck.

we're on our way to mary margaret. she has been my best friend since high school and she's the only one except henry, who i let to see my real side. she and henry are the only ones i let to see me for who i really am and she's the only one i trust with taking care of henry. he likes her a lot, so it's easier for me. she helps me a lot, without her i wouldn't be able to work as the mayor and have henry at the same time.

i drop off henry and make my way to the town hall. i work until lunch and then i go to get something to eat at granny's. when i get there, i'm welcomed by ruby - the waitress "hello miss mayor, what can i get you??" "fresh salad." i answer emotionless. i'm always strict and closed off to other people, cause i want respect. and as my mother taught me, you have to have respect.

while i'm waiting for my order to be prepared, the bell rings, announcing someone coming through the door. a young, beautiful, blonde girl walks in and i just can't take my eyes off her. i've never seen her here before. "um hello can i ask if there is any hotel, or something where i can get a room to sleep in for a few nights??" her voice is so sweet. "yes of course, you can sleep here, we don't get many visitors here so we have an empty room waiting for you" ruby answers sweetly and the blonde girl nods and smiles. "who are you??" i ask and look at her sternly.

"i'm emma swan. who are you??" i ignore her question "what are you doing here??" "um i'm renting a room, why do you ask and who are you??" "i'm regina mills and i'm the mayor of this town and i would like to know what are you doing here" "i'm here, cause i heard this town is sweet and perfect for people who are searching for their happy ending and that's exactly what i'm doing"

god, i really like this girl. i like everything about her. emma, what a lovely name. but i won't let her see my emotions. "well miss swan. welcome to storybrooke."