CHAPTER 15: Hope he's okay.....

EVIE

When we head out to the car and get in, I can't help but feel proud of myself. I mean, I do wish I had a better comeback but that was the first true time I had ever stood up for myself.

While on our way to my place, things seemed to quiet down a little bit and then his phone had gone off. When he looked down at it, he looked pissed off.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He says and then puts his phone into his pocket.

"Are you sure?" I asked concerned.

He looks at me and smiles.

"I'm sure." He then stops at a red light and leans over to give me a kiss.

After he drops me off, I head into the room and take a seat on my bed thinking about what all happened today and how happy I am that he had me meet his sister. I wish I had a sister like that-he's lucky.

"Hey." Nolene greets me as she opens the door looking and sounding exhausted.

"Hey." I replied.

"I am so tired of these late nights at the library." She says while plopping onto her bed. "So how was your day?" She asks me.

"It was good." I tell her.

"That's good." She yawns.

"You should go to bed. I can make you something to eat." I offer.

"Nah thanks. I grabbed a bite before coming home. I'm good thank you." She smiles at me.

A few moments later she passes out. Then I look at my phone and text Maverick to say 'hi' and notice it says 'read' but I figured that maybe he had to help his sister and that's who had messaged him. So I just told him 'goodnight' and fell asleep.

*****************
A Few Days Later.....

Seemed to have been weird as I haven't seen or heard from Maverick since the other night after he dropped me off and was feeling a bit worried.

I didn't want to bother his sister however, so I stopped texting him as of yesterday. I wasn't sending him hundreds of texts or nothing but I was worried and in the last one just mentioned that if he ever wanted to talk that I was here for him.

I missed him. Not so much for just his touch including his lips onto mine but really, talking to him and seeing him.

Although the classroom was filled up with many students, it felt empty to me without him.

I had thought I'd been hiding my feelings really good but I guess not seeing as to how at work today, apparently Leon asked me to do something and I for some odd reason was spacing out.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked him as I shook my head back to the present.

"I asked if you were going to be able to help out at the big get together this weekend we are throwing here for it being opened for eight years now." He says.

"Oh, um, yeah. Of course." I say the last part with half a smile and try to go back to whatever it was I was supposed to be doing.

Knowing Leon though, I knew that wasn't possible as he walked up beside me.

"Listen, I know you probably are thinking the worst right now with Maverick and are worried but, he's okay and please just be patient with him. There are many things about him that....Well, that you might not understand." He tells me.

"I just wish he would trust me. He let me meet his sister the other day and I felt that was a big deal for the both of us. But now, I'm not so sure. I feel there are things he still isn't telling me and I thought I could wait until he was ready to tell me but now I don't know what I think anymore." I confess.

"Trust me, he loves you and he will tell you some things when he's ready." He tries to reassure me with a smile. "You have to remember, this relationship stuff is all new to him since he hasn't been in one for a long time."

"I know. I met her the other night." I tell him.

"Oh really? Damn, I'm sorry." He says.

"It's fine. Nothing really went wrong." I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's cool." He says.

We go back to working and after we are finished, I realized I was too tired to cook anything let alone make a sandwich for dinner so I instead went to a restaurant that is located between my dorm and job, ordered something then took it back home.

It looked like Nolene wasn't home so I decided just to go ahead and take a shower in the shared bathrooms we all have. Also along with then laying down on my bed, looking at my phone one more time to see if by some miracle he had tried calling or texted me but he didn't.

I really hope he is okay and this isn't some way of telling me he wants to break up.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)