Chapter One

(Gang of youths - Let Me Down Easy)

I've been in denial all my life.
Love, I don't need it, nor do I want it.
I see my friends have endless amount of heartbreak everyday. I feed off it, the energy. It becomes draining, all for a boy you're probably not even going to marry?

Is it worth it?

Not for me anyway.

As I lay still within the blankets of my bed, I feel comfort in this moment. Knowing no stress is upon me, no school, Nothing.

That changes tomorrow.

I have to go to school and drown in the endless amount of work and put on a fake smile to every girl that returns one to me.
I can manage, because my friends are lovely and have always been but still, it's school.
I'm not really the learning type, I'm different that way.
I reach over and switch off my lamp. I return to my comfortable position and my anxious thoughts race rapidly through my mind.
My friend just got a boyfriend and apparently he has to sit with us, which would be fine if he wasn't such a dick of a guy. He's so good to Addy when Addy's around, but as soon as she leaves the picture, he switches into another person. It's like he has bipolar and wants everyone to know it. strange kid that one.

My thoughts all begin to blur together as I fall into a deep sleep for once.

-

"What is that headache of a sound?" I groan as I hold my hand on my head like it was going to fall off or something.

"Go back to bed Mason, it's not time to get up yet idiot." My morning croak attempts to yell but his stubborn ass won't listen I bet.

"Actually it is Syd, you're just lazy!" He responds in the cocky tone he uses with me and only me. I decide not to argue, not in the mood.

I slouch over the side of my bed still having a hold of my head.
I'm up, not awake, but I'm up.

In an attempt to wake myself I jump in a quick shower.
The shower water is cold as it hits my skin, but my body starts to adjust.
I begin shaving my legs making sure I don't cut my self, then I move onto washing myself. I've used the same scent and brand of body wash for 5 years after having an allergic reaction to another brand. Might as well play it safe. I click open the bottle and the scent of vanilla bean takes over the small space in the shower, and I quickly rub myself making sure I cover all the skin. The water trickles down my back removing all the soapy residue.

I cut off the water and wrap the towel around my pale skin, goosebumps beginning to rise.
Opening the shower door I see all the steam escape and cover the mirror, seeing this I rub my hand back over it so I face my reflection in the mirror. I pull my hair out of the bun that I threw up so I didn't have to use a shower cap, I'm not washing my hair today because that's way too much effort for a Monday morning.
My soaking chestnut waves falls either side of my shoulders, soaking my skin.
I barely dry my hair with my towel and grab my makeup and put on some mascara, I didn't realise how navy my eyes were? I usually don't focus on it. Pulling my focus away, I grab my snow foundation (yes I'm a pasty bitch.) The match is exact as it sets over my pale skin.
Feeling semi-accomplished I leave the bathroom.

As I head back to my room, I feel a little tug on my towel.
"Piss off you little shit!" I realise it's Mason with his perverted intentions.
"MUM, Sydney swore at me!" He screeches down the hallway to wake mum.
Here we go.
I hear a thump through the hollow floorboards leading from her room to where I'm standing.
"Shut up and get to school, the both of you!" She howls from her room.
I come face to face with Mason, making sure I'm giving him the most vial look. He runs.