five

I parted my eyes slowly as my eyelashes tried to untangle themselves from one another. The sudden conciousness had welcomed an unbareable pain and nausea.
It had felt like the world world  two bomb had exploded inside of my head.
God I hate hangovers.

I was sick to my stomach and the old taste of  liquor was still very present in my mouth.

I stumbled out of bed,still feeling some intoxication from my night before that hadn't passed through my body yet.

I didn't recognise my surroundings until I noticed the the sweet daying next to a white mirror that helped me identify I was in Nooras apart.

I walked into the kitchen where I saw a yellow note posted on the table next to a stack of supplies she called,"  the hangover cure "

Underneath it wrote,
" ps:I found your phone, Its on charge.
Out for a bit see you soon xxxx love Noora."

I couldn't even recall that I had lost my phone at some point.  Oh wait ,there was that guy outside the bathroom, so I assumed he had handed it to her when he saw she was the responsible one out of our group.

I consumed the supplies that were supposed to calm the the symptoms of my actions.
I took a shower in attempts to wash away my sins,however I knew it wouldn't work. The water did make me feel better though so in that sense, it helped.

After changing into a fresh set of clothes , Noora was home and I was cheerfully greeted with the loud voice of Eskild walcing inside their shared apartment.

" Hi" I smiled at their presence.

"Hello,how you feeling party girl " Noora Smile placing a bag containing a few household items on the kitchen counter.

"Better." I sighed," but still pretty shitty."

" Is Sara home?" Eskild asked rolling his eyes playfully as he knew my resentment towards her.

"No" ,Noora and I answered simoltaneyously.
"She isn't"  laughed" she went with dad this time. So I got the house to myself until Wednesday.

Oh shit. I had only recalled now that I hadn't even informed any of the girls about my newly found independence.

"So guess what?" I said louder than intended waiting for a response.

"Mmm?" Noora answered while pouring hot coffee into three mugs for  herself,Eskild and me.

"Im moving out!" I burst out failing to contain my excitment.

"Thats amazing Leeah! " Noora came over to hug me." How did you get your dad to agree to even doing that?"

"He hates confrontations. So he agreed to let me live in the apartment we're renting out. Its close to school, small enough for me to be comfortable on my own, feel safe and that kind of thing. Im officially moving in next weekend."

"Wow. Good for you girl! " Eskild winked clearly proud of my sudden confidence to stand up to my step mother.

"Have you told your mom yet?" Noora inquired.

"Nei, I haven't been able to reach her for  a while . "
My parents divorced a couple years ago so now she has decided that thanks to family court, my dad receives full custody of me and she can enjoy her time island hoping throughout Europe. Its doesn't bug me though, we still have contact from time to time.

My phone had tones of tagged notifications and messages from people who saw me at the party, reminding me to post a picture I had gotten Eva to take on arrival.

Instagram

@leeahxrenn