A new city, new school,

Walking through penola, grasping my folder to my chest and my backpack filled to the top on my back. A new school a new city new people. Well, i had not actually met any new people yet, but really i didnt want to. I spent all day looking at the floor, i had no reason to look up. All i wanted to do was make it through my first day no bother. So thats what i did.

My new house was pretty close to school, so i braved walking home. I hadn't really figured out yet where everything is but i sort of knew how to get home. As walked through the school gates i placed my earphones in turned up my music and walked. Before i left for school my dad gave me directions of how to get home, they obviously were not right i ended up in a street i had never been to before. I was so so confused, but how could i ask for help when i didnt know anyone.

I decided to just walk back the way i came from, i would probably end up back at penola and i can start again. I felt a strong hand tap my shoulder, i was weary of turning round seeing as i didnt know the area, i hesitated before turning around.

" erm, hi im daniel, everyone calls me skip though. you look slightly lost are you new here or?" he questioned. i didnt know how to respond, i was so anxious of the saying the wrong thing to the wrong person i just stuttered out a brief answer.

"oh erm yeah hi, im Olivia , ive just moved here from brisbane"

" sooo you dont know where you are then?" he laughed, i didnt understand what he found funny

" I could show you how to get home? I saw you walk to school this morning i live on your street, i could walk you? only if you want to that is?" he asked.

He was so hot. He had amazing brown eyes and this cheekey smile that captured my attention. He seemed so cute so i agreed for him to walk me.

The walk home was fantastic. It was like i had knew him for years, we had so much to talk about so much in common. We exchanged numbers and realised we are in alot of the same lessons it wasn't awkward and he is so funny. He walked me to my door and when we got there he hugged me goodbye. It was almost like he didnt want to let go, it was the longest but best hug i have ever had.

Penola was looking better already