chapter one

"lima pizza is nothing compared to new york pizza

"lima pizza is nothing compared to new york pizza."

"kitty, just because you went to new york for the weekend over the summer, does not mean you are better than this awesome pizza!" laykia huffed at her bestfriend, who only grinned.

the pair were lay on laykia's bed, having a high school musical marathon with pizza and ben and jerry's ice cream.

"you know, i'm very happy with your ice cream choice."

"what can i say, i'm a sucker for chocolate fudge." laykia smirked at her bestfriend, digging her spoon into the dessert. her eyes were locked on the screen, like kitty's. well, that's what she thought. the blonde's eyes were actually fixated on laykia. she was totally checking her out. not that she knew. she had no clue. like all the time.

"i'm kinda excited to start school tomorrow." kitty said, eyes flicking to the tv. laykia shrugged.

"i guess. but only if it's like this." she replied, gesturing to troy and gabriella performing the iconic 'breaking free'. kitty laughed.

"you know, maybe we should join glee club." she joked, and laykia giggled.

"as if. but, i hope you realise i'm not gonna bully any of them. or anybody else, for that matter. i'm not like that." she said, turning serious. kitty coughed slightly, suddenly very interested in her nails.

"b- but your aunt sue said-"

"i couldn't care less what my aunt sue said. what she does is cruel, and even though i'm not gonna jump at the chance to befriend them, i'm not gonna make their life a misery either." laykia finished her rant and grinned at kitty, "so, are you gonna try out for the cheerios? or am i gonna rule this school on my own?"

"oh, i'm trying out. i wanna make head cheerleader." kitty said proudly. laykia scoffed playfully.

"not if i can help it."

. . .

"who are you, and are you the new quinn fabray and santana lopez?"

laykia rolled her eyes and pushed away some weirdo with an afro and a camera from her and kitty.

"look, i have no idea who you are, but no. i'm laykia smith. whilst i admire santana, a close family friend of mine, i am not like her. i am gonna be head cheerleader and i will not throw away my reputation for some silly glee club. now get out of my way, saddo." she didn't even look at him, hand on her hip.

"well, i look up to quinn fabray, and to even be considered as the next quinn would be a dream come true." kitty smiled, grabbing the camera and putting it in front of her face, "kitty wilde."

"ugh, come on, kitty. we don't have time for this."

laykia strutted down the halls, kitty close behind. she didn't really know where she was going, but nobody needed to know that. she turned the corner, head directed towards her best friend as they discussed their next 'study date' ( hook-up ). with her attention elsewhere, she didn't notice the small girl turning at the exact same time, ending in a collision.

"oh my goodness, i'm so sorry. i wasn't looking where i was going, please don't hurt me." laykia looked up from the floor.

"um, i'm not gonna hurt you. but, can you like, help me up?" she asked the girl, who gave a start and held out her hand.

"of course, i'm so sorry. i'm marley."

laykia took her hand and stood up. brushing herself off, she looked the girl up and down. eh, she seemed nice enough.

"laykia."

"i know. you're kinda all everybody's talking about." she smiled bashfully, and laykia cheered. in her head, of course.

the pair stood there awkwardly before a cough interrupted the silence. the two girls looked to see an annoyed kitty frowning at them.

"c'mon, laykia, we gotta get to class. later loser." she grabbed her friend's arm, giving marley a snide look. laykia, meanwhile, smiled at her.

"see you around, marley."

"she will not."

"kitty!"

. . .

it was about two week after laykia and marley's first encounter ( but who was counting? ) and the pair had surprisingly grown very close. it was unusual, laykia being the baddest bitch in the school and marley on the bottom of the social pyramid, but somehow it worked. they enjoyed each other's company, and that's all that mattered, right?

a loud huff sounded throughout the room, and not the happy kind. laykia sighed, climbing off kitty and ending their make out session.

"yes, kitty, my darling best friend?"

"i just don't understand why you hang out with her."

laykia rubbed her temples. not this again. the blonde had been distant for about two weeks now, ever since marley had entered their lives.

"her has a name, kitty. and i like her, she's nice. why? are you jealous?" the girl teased, though she wasn't exactly happy. she was pretty sick of kitty being rude to all potential friends.

"n- no. i just think that she's gonna bring down our rep, is all." kitty flushed, looking anywhere but her best friend.

"mm-hmm. sure. you don't have to worry about that, mi mejor amiga, i am not gonna let anything knock us from top spot." she said, before adding, "also, you're always gonna be my number one, kitty. no need for jealousy."

"i am not jealous!"

"you keep telling yourself that."

. . .i

[ hey guys! this is the first chapter, and i hope you all love it! also, i love laykia, she is such a queen 🥺❤️ ]