Chapter 1.0

"Embraceyour costume - be the character!"

29th of October, 6 PM. In the city center, Halloween decorations were thrown across the entire area. There were a lot of happy people, and stands with merchandise, snacks, and candies are starting to be opened.

All of the festivities aside, the members of Roselia are walking home after a jam session. One of the members, Ako, saw a Halloween poster slapped on one of the street lights.

"Halloween Cosplay Drama Contest? I think I should tell my sister about this.", says Ako.

"Yeah, let's do that. I'm wondering what costume I wanted to wear for Halloween to be honest.", replies Lisa.

"Hey, check that out! There's something written on the bottom of that poster!", exclaims Sayo.

"'In this contest, participants will have to act out the costumes they put on. The participants will have to find a partner...", says Rinko reading the words on the bottom of the poster.

"Okay, since it's come to this, I'm going with Rin-rin!", exclaims Ako.

"Ako... even I'm not sure about this...", kata Rinko.

"Oh right, Rin-rin, we'll apply next year. No need to force yourself if you're not feeling confident."

"Imai and I won't be participating either, but I still plan on wearing my own costume. I'm kind of nervous concerning things like this...", says Sayo.

All of a sudden Yukina turns to tell the Roselia personnel that she's going to participate.

"I'm participating this with Udagawa-san. She might be a good partner for me. I want to try this with her. Last year's Halloween, we both interacted awkwardly because we're from two different bands. Right now, I'm trying to shorten the distance between us."

"Udagawa-san... hang on a minute, my sister???", shouts a surprised Ako.

Yukina just nodded to the question.

«««

As soon as she got home, Yukina contacted Tomoe via her phone and asked her about the Halloween Cosplay Competition.

"Hello? Can I talk to Udagawa-san?"

Tomoe answers her ringing phone because Yukina's on the other end trying to get to her. Luckily she's free, lying on her bed.

"Oh hey, Minato-san, anything I can help with?"

"About that, Udagawa-san. There is a Halloween Cosplay Competition being held on the 31st later. Can you give me a suggestion for a costume I can wear?"

"Costume, huh? I think a vampire or a dark angel would suit you. But if you want to make the acting much more believable, I'd say pick the dark angel costume."

"Good plan. Udagawa-san, what costume are you wearing?"

"Not telling you, you'll see when the day comes. Oh right, since a dark angel is basically a "fallen angel", I think your costume's wings should have a few feathers clipped from it. I didn't mean to berate you, this is meant to ease you into your role."

"Alright, thanks for the suggestion. See you later, Udagawa-san."

"Bye, Minato-san."

Yukina ended her call with Tomoe afterwards.

«««

The next day, after school, Tomoe and Yukina went up to the place where the contest poster was out up.

"So this is that cosplay contest you mentioned, Minato-san..."

"Yes. Hopefully we can win this contest, Udagawa-san."