Chapter 4

"'Ere 'ye go, love," Paul says handing me a mug of tea and sits down on the side of me that John isn't on the couch. He gives me a sad smile and wipes away a tear from my cheek with his thumb.
"It'll be alright, love," John says, "Suppose George just isn't the right one for 'ye." I nod sniffling as he wraps me in a comforting hug.
"Aw, Cyn," begins Paul, "we hate to see you like this. Is there anythin' we can do to help 'ye?"
I shake my head 'no' as I take another sip from my tea with more tears threatening my eyes. We sit in a sort of uncomfortable silence for a bit, but then there's a knock on the door.
"I'll get it," says John as he gets up and heads towards the door. Paul doesn't miss the open opportunity and wraps his arm around me planting a small kiss on my head as I lay my head into the crook of his neck. What we hear from the front door are muffled and inaudible, that is before we hear a shout.
"Get outta 'ere already!" John shouts. Both Paul and I quickly stand up and turn around to see what all the commotion is about. I have to admit, what I saw made me feel like I've been punched in the stomach. Right there is George holding hands with none other than that blonde tramp from The Cavern. Forgetting that I was not the only one in the room, a quick sob escaped my lips, which was apparently loud enough for John to hear from the door.
"Get 'yer ass 'outta 'ere!" Yells John, "You've made the poor thing cry! Yer' a walkin' piece of shit, Harrison!"
"No, nah, Johnny," George says stumbling over his words, "'yer the pice o' shit 'round 'ere!" He laughs drunkenly.
"'Ye think this 'ere is a joke, Harrison? 'Ye think it's funny to make Cynthia cry?" John shouts. Luckily, I didn't get a chance to hear his response due to Paul rushing me towards another room. He sits me down on he foot of his bed and quickly wraps his arms around my huddled form, which is basically my head tucked into my knees.
"Don't cry, love. George ain't worth cryin' over," Paul says hushing me and rubbing my back softly. I take a deep breath in between sobs only for another one to come back even heavier causing Paul to hug me tighter. He lays his head on top of mine giving me another small peck on the head and hugging me. I finally start to calm down as my breath rate lowers back to normal and Paul pulls away. He gives me another sad smile as he notices my tear stained face.
"'Ye alright, love? I really hope that 'ye know that George's just bein' an idiot. There's nothin' wrong about ya'. if anything, George's the one who's fucked up," he says with a small laugh. I force as much of a smile as I could muster onto my face and wrap my arms around his neck laying my head on his shoulder. That didn't take any force I whatsoever. I can feel him smile as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into a closer hug.
"Thank you, Paul. Fer' everythin'. 'Yer a doll, really," I say smiling at him. He smiles back.
"Stay 'ere," he says, "I'm gonna see if all the commotion is gone." He walks out of the room to investigate as I sit with my thoughts on what had just happened. I wait for a few minutes and then Paul returns.
"Well the good news is Ringo's 'ere," he says as I smile, "bad news is that George and John are nowhere to be seen." My face falls at the news. I don't care how mad or upset I am with George, I still care about these boys.
"How long 'ave they been gone?" I ask.
"Well long enough 'fer Rings to get 'ere without even knowin' that they were 'ere," he replies.
My heart starts to beat faster and Paul starts to fidget.
"Well come on then," I say "we got to get these lads before they get in even more trouble," I say.
Paul nods and grabs my hand as we walk out of the bedroom.
"Come 'ed, Ringo. We're lookin' 'fer George and Johnny," says Paul motioning with his hands to get up as we reach the main room. Ringo nods and hops of the couch. Our crew of three then sets off on the hunt for George and John.