Chapter 4

Nandini walked towards her husband who was sleeping on the couch in not so comfortable position. Probably the couch was too smal for his size.

She was in a dilema how to wake him up. What if he is a late riser and started shouting at her? Knowing there is no other option she kept her hand on his shoulder and shaked him slightly.

Nandini: Manik?

As his name slipped from her mouth Manik instantly woked up. He looked at her and found her in his clothes only.

Manik: What happened? Do you need something?

Nandini: (nodding her head) voh..it is seven and I have to go outside.

Manik: than go (realizing her outfit) oh sorry...(sitting up) Wait I will call Mukti and ask her to bring clothes for you.

Nandini nodded and stepped aside as he stood up and walked towards the bed to pick up his mobile from the side table.

He dialed Mukti's number and narrated her the situation while asking her to get something decent for Nandini. Cutting the call he again turned towards her.

Manik: Mukti will be here in a minute or so...till than I will go and freshen up

Nandini: okay, Thankyou

Manik: Never mind...

He walked towards his cupboard and fished out a blazer suit and seeing this Nandini realized it was her duty to do these things for him. But than she knew nothing about him. She looked at his movement carefully as he get everything ready for himself.

Her thoughts were disturbed by the knocking sound. She looked at Manik who was doing something on his mobile. Shrugging she walked towards the door and opened it a little as she was wearing Manik's clothes.

She smiled seeing Mukti standing there holding her clothes.

Mukti: Good morning bhabhi

Nandini: Good Morning, Mukti

Mukti: (handing her the clothes) These are for you. Mom asked you to get ready somewhat heavy. Today is Muh dikhai ritual so..if you need any help do call me, okay?

Nandini: (smile) okay

Mukti than left while Nandini closed the door and turned only to find the room empty. She heard water running sound and realized he is in washroom.

She looked around and started setting their room. After doing everything she walked towards the bed where she had kept her clothes and started seeing it only to realize it is a saree about which she knew nothing.

At that same moment Manik came outside and found her nervous and scared.

Manik: What happened?

Hearing his sudden voice she jumped at her place and the saree fell down on the floor. She immediately picked it up giving him a clear look of her breast. However he immdiately turned his face even though he had every right to look at her.

Nandini: (looking down) Voh..aunty ne saree bheji hai...I don't know how to wear saree

Manik: (frown) Who aunty?

Nandini: Your mother

Manik: she is your mother too. You can call her maa or mumma like I call her. And about this I am going down...will send mumma upstairs

Nandini: okay, Thankyou

Manik: (to himself) she really needs to stop thanking me for every small thing. Anyways, let's go Manik...