~Chapter 15: The Question~

I don't know what I want anymore

I don't know what I want anymore. My brain does, but my heart doesn't. It's been acting weird lately. Everything is going against what seems logical. Which makes me doubt, just like now.

I like Mitch, now that I realize it, it gets stronger every day. I have resolved to tell him someday. Not yet, too scared that I will destroy our friendship and bond with it.

However, I don't feel the bond anymore.

I don't know what it feels like, Mitch has told me that you feel something that attracts you and that when your 'connected soul to death' shows a very strong emotion, you feel it too. But I don't feel everything he has said about our union.

It worries me, it feels like I've lost a part of myself. Something I would love to bring back, would do anything for it. I would walk through fire for it, jump from roofs.

I want to know what I have to do to get this, but also all my other memories, back. If I know, I have something else to settle in, so I know what to expect.

What it costs.

But now I'm sitting lifelessly staring ahead. A book with the title on my lap, I borrowed it from the library of the school. At the time I thought it would be a nice book, but now my thoughts are somewhere else. With my legs folded over each other I am sitting in an attached part of the house.

It is a bench in the shape of a crescent moon with cushions on which you can sit. The space is surrounded by windows, which I am currently looking outside.

From here you have a magnificent view of the sea and the sunset. The big red ball, so big, so powerful, so close, but also so far away.

I stretch my fingertips, trying to grab the big ball. But my fingers only touch the cold glass, which immediately gets warmer under my touch. Smiling I cast a glance at the sun, how I would like to touch that one day.

Feeling her warmth on my skin.

My thoughts are interrupted by the doorbell that rings. Slowly, still in a trance, I look at the door of the hall.

As if it opens magically.

My eyes scan the living room and kitchen, a cooking island, which are connected to each other. It is a large open space, everything is connected. All the walls are white on the ground floor, which makes it look even bigger but at the same time makes it bare. There are no paintings or photographs on the walls, there are no papers anywhere.

It looks perfect, all perfection.

What will my old house look like? With my half-sisters and mother? Could it be so neat, but bald? Would my room be messy or tidy?

Everything around me starts to move. My hand is frenetically grabbing the window with a handle on it to open it, clutching it. To hold something that is stable. For a moment it seems to work, the turning of my image becomes normal again. Carefully, if it starts dizzying again to be able to grab it right away, I let go of the lever.