New Year

Winter Break at the castle was fun, Harry and Sophia played in the castle and in the snow every day. It was the last day in December and all students were returning the next day. As school resumed on January second. Sophia woke up early and headed down to the common room to read. After a while Harry joined and they went down to breakfast. Dumbledore smiled and Sophia and Harry as they sat down, the two kids smiled as their plates filled with food. Once they cleared their plates Harry took Sophias hand and decided to take her somewhere.

"Harry where are you taking me?" Sophia laughed as he covered her eyes. Harry smiled.

"You'll see!!" He laughed as he opened a door. Before stopping abruptly. Sophia nearly fell over but Harry caught her. "Okay, you can open your eyes now!!" He smiled broadly, and removed his hands from over her eyes. Sophia gasped, her eyes filled with tears of happiness. 

"Harry?"

"Merry Christmas Soph" he smiled Sophia hugged him, quickly, before running around the room. Inside was something Sophia always wanted, there was makeup, a muggle book,  parchment and paper, new clothes. Also there was some furniture in a room.

"If you put this key into any door, you'll get in here, it's your own private room, no one else can come in here" Sophia smiled brightly, she turned and looked into Harrys eyes, then to his lips, before snapping out of it.

"You're the best Harry" she hugged him tight, he blushed heavily.

"The thing I got for you probably won't seem as good now" She handed him a wrapped gift, he smiled and took it. Quickly he ripped it open. Inside was a picture of the four, smiling and waving. It was in a gold frame. Harry smiled up at her.

"Soph! This is the best!" He hugged her tight. They both smiled and blushed.

"Harry, this has been the best Christmas ever" she smiled and he hugged her again. Sophia had been given the best Christmas of her life. 

As the day went by the two kids spent most of the day at Hagrids. As th the evening approached they all headed up to the Great Hall. Sophia and Harry smiled as they ate there dinner.

A few hours later

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" They all shouted. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" they all shouted as the clock struck midnight. It was a new year. A new time.