S1 P1

Mari

You hear an obnoxious noise pounding your ears and you can barely stand it. You move your hand with all of your waking energy, and turn off your 5:40am alarm from your phone. You take a deep breath then pull yourself up, wobbling a bit, trying to balance yourself, then attempt to leave your bed. Being successful, you get to the bathroom to wash your face and wake yourself up, carefully following a routine you abandoned for the months you've stayed home.

You hear your older sister call your name from downstairs and telling you breakfast was done. You finish your morning routine and run to your room to get ready, yelling back that youll be down in a minute. You stand in front of a mirror on the wall, putting 2 different shorts in front of you, trying to pick which would be better, a black turtle neck no sleeve, or a Jupiter crewneck?

Jupiter crewneck time.

You dress up quickly and run downstairs to see your beautiful family at the dining table. Your younger sister, Katie, is already eating; your older sister, Elizabeth, is just sitting down, and your father, Shawn, reading a newspaper like some kind of grandpa. You hold onto the railing to the stairs, spreading out the right half of your body like the star of a show.
"Good morniiing!!!" You yell, shining grin with 2 little fangs standing out. God you feel great.

"I see someones excited." Your father responds, putting the paper down and smiling.
"Of course! I'm going to highschool. New experiences! Parties! Lovers and breakups!" You squeal in excitement, sitting down in a very exaggerated way. You begin with breakfast, eggs, hashbrown and french toast.
"I'm surprised you're ready for highschool. I'd think youd be dreading it like I did." Your sister chirped in, mouth full of hashbrown. "It never sounded fun to me. Judgy teens and peer pressure."
"Well, itll be great for me. Middle school wasn't so bad so it cant be that bad."
"You'll have fun, I promise. You're becoming an adult and I am... so proud of you." Dad had added. You felt even better from that, it was heartfelt. "Your mother would've been proud too." Just a cherry on the top.

Elizabeth looked kinda off at that.
You had a very nice conversation with your father mostly, with Katie or Elizabeth coming in every once in awhile.

You get off the bus after a long morning start, looking at your schedule and make a start to your homeroom class. Walking through the halls, you have to keep asking people where 411 is, but you get the hang of it and get to a class where the teacher looks quite young and a bit nervous, but not as bad. You're shivering a bit since everyone around you seems to look like they're returning here rather than seeming new. You dont see anyone you really know from middle school except those you never spoke to.

You chill out, playing something on your phone til someone plants themselves next to you. A familiar voice mentions your name.
"Mariii!"
Before you can react, you feels soft arms around your neck. It takes you a second... Celeste??. You finally realize who it is, it's your cousin!
"Oh my god!" You wrap your arms around her too. "Its been forever Cel!"
"I know right!"
She is a nekomata like yourself, but seems more soft than before and has straight up pink hair, something you're very jealous about. You couldn't dye your hair one color fully, so you just have the highlight. Shes so lucky.
"How was middle school? I'm sorry I never tried to reach out, well I mean, I did, but I was always so busy and-"
"It was good!" You stopped her rambling, trying to avoid a novel sized excuse. It's fine, really.