Chapter Three

Lezra pulled in front of a decently sized house not too far from her own. The house was cabin-like in its aesthetics, and it made her wonder what it was like on the inside. She looked at the bottle of scotch that sat in the passenger seat. Lezra herself wasn't much of a drinker as it was, but the occasional class of scotch was her preference when she did drink. She hoped everyone else in the house liked scotch, but bring the bottle was more for her relief than their pleasure she would admit. 

Grabbing the bottle by its neck, she stepped out of her truck and made her way to the door. Just as the woman was about to knock, the door opened revealing Kilían. The tall man looked down on the blonde girl and smiled gently. His gaze, however, hardened as it travled down her body and landed on the bottle of scotch, clasped tightly in her hands. 

"What's that?" He asked, gesturing to the bottle. 

"Um, scotch." She mumbled, a blush creeping across her cheeks. 

The man made a tsking sound, and frowned at the thought of Lezra drinking a hard alcohol, or any alcohol for that matter. Shaking his head, he placed his hand on the girl's shoulder and pulled her in. His other hand took the bottle from her grasp carefully. Kilían led the girl into the dining room, which hosted a large table. One that could comfortably sit at least ten people. There was a chair at each end of the table, presumably one for the head of the house. Kilían sat her down at the chair just beside the chair at one end of the table. 

"Stay here. The others will fill in. I have to finish dinner." He stated firmly. Lezra nodded, freezing mid-nod when his hand brushed against her throat. It didn't feel threatening however. It felt almost caring. 

Kilían began to walk away, only to turn around and utter one word, "Stay" before walking away, presumably to the kitchen. 

Lezra looked around once she was alone. Her throat burned, the desire for a drink to ease her nerves took over. She looked for the bottle of scotch, but it was no where to be seen. She hesitated a moment before standing, wondering if perhaps it was left near the door. Just as she was about to leave the room, Kilían walked in carrying a glass of water. His gaze was hard when it fell on the young woman and it took everything in him not to crush the glass. Setting the glass where Lezra was meant to be sitting before striding over to her. The girl saw the anger in his eye and quickly backed up until she was in a corner. 

"I told you to stay."

"I-I-I was just looking for the bottle I brought. I was thirsty and-"

"I was getting you something to drink." He brought his hand up, caging her in the corner.

"I'm sorry Kilían. I didn't know." 

The man nodded. "You are forgiven, little one." Her cheeks reddened at the nickname. "I should have been clearer. I know now you need more explicit directions."

The man lowered his arm, brushing his hand against her cheek. His thumb passing over her bottom lip. 

"Sit down, and stay sitting. Please. There is some water at your placemat. If you need something call out for me. Do not get up. I will be back with dinner. Do I make myself clear?"

Lezra nodded quickly. "Words, little one."

"Yes you make yourself clear."

"Good girl." Kilían took a step back, allowing Lezra to sit back down. She took a sip of her water and watched as the tall man made his way back to the kitchen. She stared at the cup of water and softly whispered,

"What have I gotten myself into?"