Prologue:

The wind was stinging her cheeks as the night hit full force adding pressure to her already heavy chest. The black material of her dress danced behind her, flying like a cape. The smacking of her sneaker-clad feet on the tarmac matched the beat of her heart. Fast and excruciating.

The cold was biting at her exposed skin, but the rushing of the blood in her veins made it unnoticeable. She ran. She ran and ran and ran, wanting to be a million miles away from everything. A million miles from everyone. She ran because she needed to, because she wanted to.

She ran until she felt the wind sweep her off her feet, the scraping of her knees on the tar was painful but she didn't pay attention to the burning of her ripped skin, only the burning of her chest.

She blinked hard trying to bite down the tears pricking at her face. Her hair hung low across her face attempting to shield her from the world. She whipped her head back staring at the twinkling stars above her, wishing that obsidian would suck her in. Wishing that she could melt away into the dark abyss instead of feeling it find home inside of her heart.

The water was rising, boiling, brewing and she didn't know how to release. A soft cold laugh was breaking through and with her head still tilted back she laughed into the stars. She laughed until she broke.

Cold laughter washed into fresh bundles of agonising, heartwrenching tears. Sobs wracking her body making it shake with hurt. The crawling of the melancholy and depression was lurking inside her, poisoning her head, heart and her.

Her sobs were melting into chest dwindling screams. The vibrations travelling through her body, her ears numb to the sound. The dull ache was intensifying with every memory, every word, every scream.

She was losing the battle, and with her shield now buried deep into the ground, she was vulnerable to the arrows shooting straight at her heart.

***

So what are you thought?
Comment and don't be afraid to criticize as this is a work in progress and input would be highly appreciated.

Love you guys

xoxo xcrazymonkeyx