CHAPTER 2

The only information I have about her is that she disappeared at a fair and yesterday an unknown caller told me to come and find her. Sarah gave me a slight nod.
We go in and I grab my notebook. She says," well where was she specifically, when she disappeared.
"My mom said she went to the snack stand, but the worker said they never saw her"

She has the look in her face that she has when she takes a test. I asked her what she's thinking. She ignored the question and put her hand in front of my face, giving me a sign to be quiet. I watch her walk in circle around my room for 5 minutes. Then she finally told me what she was thinking. She said," did you guys ever take into consideration that the worker could've been the one that took her?"
My eyebrows raise. " this could be our lead?" I whispered. "Yep" Sarah replied. I grab my notebook and my fine liner pen. I try to remember his name.
Sarah asks if I know what it starts with, I said give me a second. She took a step back to give me space. I said ,"I think he said he's name was Robert?" Sarah has a strange look on her face. A look like she knew him.
"Robert" Sarah Said. "Robert Chen!" "Yes!" I screamed. That's what his name was. I filled up with joy. And it look like she filled up with disappointment.
I asked what's wrong. She didn't answer, so I asked again. She said, " that's my dads brother." "So your uncle." I said. She looked very sad so I told her," we aren't positive it's him yet." She cried," but what if it is!" I gave her a hug and said we can pick this up tomorrow if she wants. Of course she said it was fine.
       "Cameron and Sophie were on there way soon",I said to Sarah. We sat on the porch out front waiting to see a black Honda. 15 minutes has passed and we are still waiting. I get a text from them saying their dad is taking them the wrong way. The strange thing about this is that their dad has dropped them of numerous of times. I messaged back," where?" No reply.
     I start to worry. My mom is already missing. I don't need my best friends to be gone too!  I start cracking my fingers. Sarah knows something's wrong, because I only ever crack my fingers when I'm nervous or stressed. "It's ok" she says.
    I lean my shoulder on hers and let the tears fall into her lap.  I said, "I'm sry" she said, " Izzy, it's ok. You have nothing to be sorry about." I smile. She smiles back. My dad woke up and cane outside. He asked us what we were doing. I look at Sarah with the face they do in movies. She look back with a nod saying, "tell him."
       I stand up and wipe off the dirt on my clothing. I take a deep breath and start talking. I finish off saying," Moms alive!" He looks surprised but like he doesn't believe me at the same time. I look back at Sarah not knowing what my dad will say. He said what I never thought he would say.
          "I believe you" "you do?" I questioned. " I will always believe you." He replied. We hugged each other with every bit of our heart. He kissed he on the forehead. Just like my mother did.
Later today
I tried calling Cameron again. His 5 year old voicemails played. So I tried calling Sophie, she picked up! But when I hear her it's not what I expect.