Chapter 2

"Phillip," she sighed without even bothering herself to turn around. "You know, I could have found a job by myself."

Phillip laughed out loud. "You wanna play the strong independent girl now, Sleeping Beauty?"

Aurora held back a groan as she was about to snap at him, her cheeks starting to turn red with anger, when a sweet little voice interrupted her.

"Hey, Aurora! You're so pretty, I love you!" A little girl wrapped her tiny arms around the young woman's legs, making her smile, almost forgetting the fury which overwhelmed her a few seconds earlier.

"Hello, little one!" She kneeled before the girl dressed up as herself — well, as Princess Aurora — and stroke her cheek gently. "So I see there are two Auroras today, aren't there?" She chuckled lightly.

The little girl shook her head dramatically. "No, you are the only Aurora. I am just a smaller version of you."

The young woman widened her eyes in confusion. That child was surprisingly smart for her age. She threw an eye at Prince Phillip. He was dealing with two little Belle and Ariel who were sitting on his thighs as he was kneeling to the ground. He laughed when the two little princesses tried to reach out to his sword.

"Ahah!" He laughed. "No, no, princesses! That's not for you. This is for princes to slay and kill some fearsome dragons, not for delicate and graceful girls like you."

Aurora couldn't help rolling her eyes discretely. Then she reported her attention on the tiny version of the Sleeping Beauty. Of herself. This was going to be difficult.

"So tell me, little princess," she gave her a warm smile. "What Princess Aurora can do for you?" She took her tiny white hand into her own.

The little Aurora looked down in shame, and Aurora frowned in concern. What could possibly make that child so sad?

"I don't want to be a princess!" The girl burst out suddenly, throwing herself into the Sleeping Beauty's arms. Aurora froze in astonishment before she put her arms around the little girl's shoulders awkwardly.

Phillip gave her a questioning gaze, which she pointedly ignored.

"Uh... well, it doesn't matter," she began hesitantly, slowly pulling back. "But that is for you to choose, darling. No one will force you to become a princess if you don't want to." Aurora added with a depth she didn't know she had in herself, cupping her chin into her thin hand.

Tears fell from the child's eyes, the little girl wiped them away with one quick move, before she smiled sincerely. "Thank you, Aurora."

And the group of small princesses left, running towards the Castle, shouting and laughing, just as they had come. Aurora and Phillip were too dumbfounded to ask them where their parents were.

The Sleeping Beauty remained speechless as she watched the kids moving away, until suddenly, she felt a breath on her neck.

"How funny." Phillip scoffed. "This little capricious girl makes me think of someone..." He left his sentence open and stood up, leading towards the direction the children had taken. "Come now, we have some autographs to sign."

She arched an eyebrow, utterly annoyed, but chose not to say a word, and she followed him to the Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Her castle.

__________

After a morning quite busy with signing autographs, taking pictures, giving hugs and smiles, Aurora was finally ready for the Parade. It was 2:50pm and everyone was getting ready on their Parade float.