Chapter 1

Phils Pov:

I woke to the sun peeking through my window. I looked over at my night stand and grabbed my phone. 6:29 am. I got up and slowly forced myself to the bathroom. I turned on some music and got in the shower. When I was done I grabbed my towel and plugged in my straightener.

I went to my room and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a shirt with a lion. I made my bed, making sure to put my stuffed lion named Lion on it. Then I walked to my bathroom to straighten my hair. I looked in the mirror. I was at least presentable for school. I grabbed my backpack and ran down stairs. My mom was up. She quickly handed me a waffle and I ran out the door. I ate it as I walked to my bus stop.

I crossed the street and waited for my bus to arrive. I looked across the street and saw the Devil himself approaching me. Dan Howell. As soon as he saw me he started laughing. Then he yelled out, "A lion shirt, Really? What are you 5?" I didn't care. He's said worse things to me before. I just sigh as the bus arrives. I sit alone in the front row. I put on my music and looked out the window till we arrive at Hell. Also knowns as Vally High School.

I got off the bus and walked inside. I hear my name and see a overly happy Chris and Pj waving at me. I walk up to them.

"Hey guys."

"Hey how was your weekend?" Pj asked.

"It was good. I got to finish reading my book and I finally got past level 7 on Sonic."

"That's good, you were stuck on that level forever." Chris winned.

Briiiiing

The bell rang. I waved goodbye to Chris and Pj and walked to my first class. Health. I get in my seat in the front and quietly started my work. I heard the noise of my classmates walking in and taking their seats. I just ignored them. I didn't care about their drama. I reached into my bag and pulled out my book starting to read it. It was grabbed out of my hands. I looked up to see brown eyes looking down at me.

" What do you want Dan?"

"I want to know why you're reading such a girly book. The Fault in Our Stars. Really?"

"Ugh just leave me alone. Me reading doesn't have anything to do with you."

"Settle down class," my teacher yelled.

She started talking about eating healthy and exercising. I just zoned out and started doodling. Before I knew it, class was over. I grabbed my stuff and walked out.

I walked upstairs and sat on some couches. It was my free period so I finally had some time to relax. Soon enough it was lunch. I walked down stairs and found Chris and Pj. We walked outside and went to the field. We sat under a tree, talking and eating. Dan showed up, alone this time and handed me a note. He walked away. I put the note in my backpack.

"Don't you want to see what it says?" Chris asks.

"I don't really care what it says. Probably more things that are wrong with me," I say.

"Well you should at least see what it says. It could be an apology," Pj suggests.

"Fine."

I grab the note out of my backpack and open it it.

Dear Phil,

I'm really sorry for the way I treat you. My friends force me to be that way. I actually read the Fault in Our Stars and really liked it. Its a tear jerker. I was wondering it there was anyway to make it up to you for all the mean things I've said. Text me 532-2585.

~Dan xx

,I crumple up the note. I'm sure a teacher made him write it. He would never really say this to me. Or would he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk home from the bus stop after school. Maybe he did really mean the note. I hurry home and run up to my room. I grab the note out of my bag and reread it. I see the number I might as well try to text it. Just to make sure it isn't a fake number.

Me: Hey its Phil. I read your note.

Him: Hey Phil. I really am sorry for everything. I hope there is some way I can make it up to you. I don't like seeing you hurt. It breaks my heart.

I can't believe he said this. He must really mean the apology. I lay down on my bed and hugged Lion. Soon I fall asleep. I wake up and see that its 8 o'clock. I go downstairs and see a plate of food and a note.

Phil,

I got called into work. I'll be back in the morning. ~Mom

I set the note down and eat my dinner. Pancakes. My favorite. I sprinkle some sugar on them and eat them. I put my dishes in the sink and walk up to my room. I put on my jammies and turn on my tv. I lay in bed and slowly fall asleep.