THIRTY: On The Beach

Louis was great with the pictures and the boys didn't even see him. They enjoyed the fire and made smores. It was very messy.

Jake was hoping the Louis guy was around. Cooper's fingers were covered in marshmallow. Jake took his hand and slowly sucked his fingers clean. Cooper was melted butter.

Jake was feeling guilty about that. "I have a confession, Cooper and I'm so sorry!"

Cooper sighed. "What?"

"That just now. I was hoping that Louis guy was around to take pictures of that! I did it for the wrong reason! I'm sorry." Jake was afraid Cooper would be mad.

Cooper laughed. "Do it again! We can do everything tonight just to piss them off and hope that it's in a magazine! Kiss me."

Jake smiled and kissed Cooper. They rolled to the sand and Jake pressed himself into Cooper. They both moaned. "I know the motivation is wrong but I don't care!" Cooper was ready.

Jake smiled. "I suddenly don't care about the pictures. Let's swim." He stood and pulled Cooper in the dark water. Jake wrapped around Cooper and kissed him slower.

Cooper slid his hands to Jake lower back and crouched so they were chest deep. This was too tricky and not very fun trying to have sex in the water while imagining what the pictures would look like.

"Do you just want to go to our bed?" Cooper asked.

Jake nodded. "Yes. This isn't fun. I just keep thinking about what the pictures will look like. I hate that." He slid his shorts on and followed Cooper out of the water. They pulled chairs and picked up the trash and went inside.

Cooper was a lot more relaxed in the room and they spent the night loving each other. Slowly. Jake was breathless. "I like this more!"

Cooper nodded. "Me too!" Jake laid on Cooper's chest and Cooper rubbed his back. "This is awesome. Fuck Carol and Corey."

"And Louis!" Jake smiled. Cooper nodded and agreed. "I love being here with you. Oh, they have paddle boarding, I want to try that and there is something about a volcano, I want to check that out too!"

Cooper nodded. "Me too. There were some brochures that I grabbed."

He was quiet for a while. Cooper was just rubbing Jake's back and Jake knew he was thinking. There were so many things that he wasn't sure which one had Cooper quiet. "What are we doing with school?"

"I don't know. Now or college?" Jake smiled.

"Both." Cooper looked at Jake. "What about football?"

Jake glared. "Man, I fucking hate football! I hate it, Cooper."

Cooper sighed. "Are you just saying that because you are angry with Corey?"

Jake sat up. "No. I hate him but no. Maybe. I hated it ever since third grade. I played a great game. I mean it was third grade but I still did a great job."

"I remember." Cooper smiled. "I remember every game. You know I have been to every game! I am a great girlfriend!" He smiled.

"You are, Cooper." He touched his chest because Cooper hadn't moved. He was stretched out on the bed and Jake was touching him.

"I was so happy. I was really good at football. Not many people find that thing they love and they are good at. But I did."

"Dad walked up after, we were getting in the car and he started in on what I did wrong. Things I could improve on. No good game or you did this really well. No. Just all of my shortcomings. I realized I would never be good enough and then when I was ten...!" Jake smiled.