Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Name:

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Nickname:

Revenge/Three Cheers

Members involved:

Gerard Way (Vocals)

Frank Iero (backing vocals + rythm guitar)

Ray Toro (backing vocals + lead guitar)

Mikey Way (bass)

Bob Bryar (drums)

Release Date:

June 8th 2004

Tracklisting:

Helena

Give 'em Hell, Kid

To The End

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

The Ghost Of You

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

Interlude

Thankyou For The Venom

Hang 'em High

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Deathwish

Cemetary Drive

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Music videos:

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Helena

The Ghost Of You

Facts and info:

Track 11 is more commonly censored to 'It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish'

This was the first album to feature drummer Bob Bryar.

The album was accompanied with the film 'Life On The Murder Scene', which followed MCR moving from Bullets, and through the making of Revenge.

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) was released in September 2004. It was the very first music video they made, and an awesome one too!

2 videos were made.

One, a montage of the bands early and tour life.

The second, a light-hearted video set in a high school in LA. The video focused on the members being outcasts, ridiculed and hurt, before they made a band and ultimetly engaged in a showdown against the popular 'jocks', armed with croquet mallets

Thankyou For The Venom was released as a single in the UK in December 2004. It was released in Limited Edition Red vinyl, and has long been out of print.

Helena (May 2005) was a heart-felt song, written as a tribute to Gerard and Mikey's Grandmother; Elena Lee Rush, whom Gerard often called Helen. She was a great inspiration to the brothers, paying for their tour van, not expecting to be paid back, and influencing Gerard to make music and art.

Unlike I'm Not Okay, this music video wasn't humerous, instead it was set in a church, witnessing Helena's funeral, with MCR playing by the casket.

In the bridge of the video, Helena rises and dances; what Gerard described as 'her last dance, representing the crossing to the afterlife'

This is then proceeded by MCR and a lucky fan carrying the coffin in (unexpected) rain, to the hearse.

The song went to #1 in the UK, to be beaten by Green Day's 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.

The video is still believed to be one of their finest, and one of the 'most heartfelt song and video Rock has ever produced'

The Ghost Of You was released in August 2005.

The video cost over $300'000 to make, and the band members almost drowned, after a trapdoor in their sea carrier opened, and water surrounded them.

The video is based around the concept of loss. It is set in the first war, with the members being solidiers. Most the video focuses on a dance, with the band performing.

The scene soon cuts to a bar, where the band drink and generally enjoy themselves.

However, soon they are shown being shipped to fight, then to be on a beach to attack the enemy. The video reaches a climax as the song becomes quiet, and Mikey is focused on, before being shot by enemy lines.

This then leads to medic (Ray) trying to save Mikey, whilst Bob and Frank try to hold a screaming and shocked Gerard as he watches his brother die.

A flashback is then presented, when, back in the bar; Mikey reassures Gerard he'll be okay.

Mikey dies, and the music video is left focusing on a shocked Gerard.

The video went to #1 in four days, and a cleaner version has been made for daytime viewing.

When Ray is saving Mikey, though you can't hear him, he shouts 'Mikey, you're dead! How does it feel?'

(completely appropriate :P)

If you look closely, Mikey wears a 1st Infantry Division patch on his uniform. And on his Black Parade jacket, he wears a war medal, suggesting that he died a hero, and wears his medal in the afterlife (The Black Parade)