The Black Parade

Name: The Black Parade

Nickname: Black Parade/BP

Members present:

Gerard Way (Vocals)

Frank Iero (Rythm guitar/backing vocals)

Ray Toro (Lead Guitar/backing vocals/bass on one song)

Mikey Way (bass)

Bob Bryar (Drums)

Tracklisting

The End

Dead!

This Is How I Disappear

The Sharpest Lives

Welcome To The Black Parade

I Don't Love You

House Of Wolves

Cancer

Mama

Sleep

Teenagers

Disenchanted

Famous Last Words

Blood (hidden track)

The Black Parade is the third album by My Chemical Romance, released on October 23rd, 2006. This is arguably the most famous album by MCR, but the one that caused most Controversy.

This album focuses on the issue of death, and what we believe will happen after, and reflecting on the life we lead before we die.

The album reached platinum in many countries, as did the singles released.

~Welcome To The Black Parade

~Famous Last Words

~I Don't Love You

~Teenagers

3 different versions of this album were released. Black writing on white background. White writing on black background. And also a sleeved version that contains lyrics, and a picture of the band with the characters of the album.

There is also a special velvet version, which comes with a 64 page booklet with art from Gerard, and also a vinyl version of the album.

This record was made whilst MCR were staying in the Paramour mansion. This almost drove them insane, and they muchly hated it. At one point, Mikey was almost driven to suicide, which influenced Gerard to write 'Famous Last Words'.

The first single, Welcome To The Black Parade, is probably the song most people know MCR by. The song was number one in 4 different charts. The song was origianally naned 'the five of us are dying', and they had been writing the song for several years.

The music video was almost shocking. The band looked completely different, sounded different, and the video summed up a whole album that nobody would ever expect. The director had worked with such artists as Green Day and Nirvanna.

Famous Last Words (B-sides, Kill all your friends + My Way home is through you) was the second single from this album, and was dedicated to Mikey. The video is known to be on of their darkest, and was shot even before a title for the song was decided.

The Black Parade float is now seen to be burning, and all other members of The Black Parade, except MCR have disappeared.

Gerard, now almost looking insane in the eyes, looks very agitated and rough. This is also shown as he wears almost identical make-up to the dying patient in the WTTBP video.

During the video, the band thrash in dirt, showing their insanity, before running from the flames.

During the making, Bob suffered 2nd to 3rd degree burns on his calf, which resulted in gangrene, but didnt stop playing until the video was finished.

Gerard was also hospitalized after Frankie rugby-tackled him.

The video was insanely popular, and as of 2010, was the 7th most popular video on youtube.

I Don't Love You is possibly MCR's most thoughtful song, and their first 'power ballad'

The video shows to lovers living in a different world, but slowly grow apart as one leaves the other. The band members are also pictured falling, but not landing in the video.

This is also the first video where Gerard shows his newly-dyed black hair, and the first in which he shows his wedding band (around the time he was to wed Lyn-Z)

Teenagers was opted to be the third single, but ended up being the fourth, and final from the album.

Gerard was inspired to write this after being almost scared by a group of teens on a subway.

The video was more popular than FLW, and was the 3rd most popular video on youtube.

The video features MCR playing in a highschool, accompanied by an almost western-style piano backing. Suddenly, many students break in and trample the band, as the song ends in a very frenzied state.

A Television and Youtube version had been made, blocking out the many uses of the word 'shit', and also 'murder', 'gun', and and the footage of the Teenagers breaking in were removed.