Epilogue

Noa, Jake, Alsandair, and Adeline climbed the willow while they waited for their cousins Emilia, Alana, and Sage.

     Jake thumped Noa's arm as they sat on the branch, "Did mom tell you the story yet?"

     Noa smirked, "She did and I'm not telling you. I promised her that she would be the one to tell everyone and you aren't old enough yet."

     "Oh, come on. I'm fifteen now."

     Noa laughed, "Next year brother. I'm not going to go against mom. If you haven't noticed, she's a little scary sometimes."

     Alsandair and Adeline laughed. Adeline looked up between the branches, "She is not scary. You guys just don't know how to handle her."

     "Adeline," Alsandair looked at his twin reprovingly, "No one handles mom. She lets you think you handle her."

     "No, she doesn't." Adeline frowned at her brother's as she ignored all of their laughter.

     Emilia walked into the cave with her arm around her brother Sage and called for Alana to hurry up. When Noa heard them, he jumped to a lower branch and pushed off with his feet to grab onto another branch before swinging and dropping to the ground. His brother's and sister were climbing down when he felt a wind flutter around his neck. Before he could turn, his cousins emerged through the curtain of leaves and distracted him. They had come together to talk about the surprise party for his mom's birthday.

     As all the plans were put together everyone said their goodbyes and began walking out from under the tree. Noa felt the wind caress the back of his neck again and he smiled. Turning, he looked in the direction of the passageway his mom told him about and he shook his head.

     "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. When the time comes, and I know exactly when that is, I'll be here. Waiting. I swear it."

     Noa's eyes sparkled with anticipation before he turned and caught up with his cousins. Laughing, he turned and stared back at the cave. He now understood what his mom meant when she told him everything had started when she saw the most beautiful eyes.