In Another Universe (We Fall)

summary- basically like IW where Wanda is fighting off Thanos and destroying the mind stone and Vision, but it's SteveTony. Steve got the stone from a battle gone wrong years ago and it's the most powerful one in existence.
Tony is as Wanda and Steve is as Vision. i'm sure you get the idea.
also it's not great so,,,,, but I hope you at least like it.
based off a twitter prompt... special thanks to Eva :)
MCD
STEVE/TONY, and THOR/BRUCE if you squint

The battle was almost over.

After a long day of fighting alongside his teammates, Steve was feeling just about ready to kick this Thanos guy's ass and get the hell out of there. The sooner they could get home, the sooner he could finally rest next to his husband.

Isn't that the why we fight? So we can end the fight? So we get to go home?

Speaking of which, it had been a while since he'd heard from Tony. After hitting a few more psycho space dog things, he spoke through the comms, "Iron Man, what's your status?"

A beat. Then, "Steve. You've gotta come right now. He's here. God, Steve, he's here. Friday, tell the team the location. Get everyone here. Please".

"It's gonna be alright Tony. Okay? Hang on. Don't approach him on your own, I'm on my way now with the others!" Steve called back and hurriedly pushed through the mess of avengers and enemies.

"Wanda! Okoye! Shuri! Panther! Widow! Spiderman! Buck! You all keep fighting off the worst of it!"
"Bruce, Thor and Hawkeye come with me! Hurry!"
"Strange, stick with Wanda, she needs help back there with protecting Vision! He's still up in the building because he's been hurt and we can't let Thanos get to him and his stone while he's weak! Go-"

Strange cut him off, yelling, "Steve, no. I have to come. It's the only way, I am the one who knows how it needs to play out. I must stay with Iron Man!"

Steve sighed but kept running, the others making their way to the location Friday had sent them, killing as many wild creatures as possible on the way.

Then Peter's worried voice cut through the comms, "Mr. Rogers sir! Won't going to Thanos be the opposite of what you're supposed to be doing? Because, you know, you have the most powerful stone, that he needs?!"

"It's alright, Queens. You know me, I have a plan! Just stick to your mission!"

A second passed before Peter grunted, "you'd better be careful Steve".

"Always, kid!".

And Steve kept running.

~ ~ ~

Thanos wasn't at all what he'd expected. But, then again, he didn't really have much information to go off other than what Bruce and Strange had told them. But here he was, staring down at the group of them and Steve wished he had stood in front of Tony because seeing him so close was putting him on edge.

The doctor had made it there first. He'd flown straight over Steve's head and arrived minutes earlier. He'd been talking to Tony when Steve got there and he noticed Tony had his faceplate down. Concern and confusion curdled in his gut momentarily.

Unless he's about to get hit in the face, or hiding his emotions, he never keeps his faceplate down when he's talking to someone.

Tony, completely hidden by his armour, turned to Steve then and stared for probably too long. Before Steve can say anything, Thanos spoke up, his booming voice was fair competition with Thor's.

"I am alive. I have a life. You know what makes me selfless? I want life to continue and not mine alone. I want life to continue to flourish. Give it time to evolve. But the price of sustainability of life comes at a high price: For half to live on, half must cease to exist. Balance of the universe".