Chapter 8~Not Out Of the Woods~

After School At Marinette's

Adrien and Marinette went over to her house under the guise that they were still working on group project so that Adrien could come over. They walked into the bakery.

"Maman! Papa!" Marinette called. Tom got out from the kitchen and Sabine walked to them from behind the counter. They had noticed that Marinette and Adrien were still holding hands.

"Marinette and I have something we'd like to tell you," Adrien said to them.

"Go on," Sabine said.

"Sabine, Tom. Marinette and I are dating." The older couple smiled at them overjoyed that their daughter was able to find the same kind of love they held for each other.

"We are so happy for the both of you," Sabine said.

"You make sure to take care of my little girl," Tom said.

"I will." They were happy that Marinette's parents were so supportive. They went up to Marinette's room and spent the next few hours in each other's company and doing homework.

That Night At Adrien's

Adrien had gone home. During the car ride he was told by Nathalie that his father wanted to see him. He didn't know exactly why though. He hadn't missed any photoshoots or extracurricular activities and his grades were stellar as always. He knocked on the door to his father's office.

"Come in," Gabriel said.

"Father, Nathalie told me that you wanted to see me."

"Yes."

"What is it, father?"

"It is to my understanding that you are dating Mlle. Dupain-Cheng. Am I correct, Adrien." Adrien was stunned. How had he known that they were dating. He hadn't told him that yet.

"Yes, Father. But how..."

"Did I find out about it? Mlle. Rossi came here before you arrived home and told me about it. Adrien, I hope you know that I do not approve of this relationship between you and Mlle. Dupain-Cheng. No son of mine will be dating a low class, baker's daughter. You will break up with her tomorrow."

"But father, I love her!"

"No buts Adrien and I will not have you raising your voice with me."

"I don't care, father! I love, Marinette with every fiber of my being! Before she came into my life, after Mom died, I felt so alone! You became so cold and distant! Marinette made me feel loved and cared about! She made me feel like I had someone I could count on to always be there for me no matter what happens! She makes me so happy just being around her! I am not going to break up with her!" Adrien stormed off after finishing his speech not wanting to hear whatever else his father had to say to him. He locked himself in his room. Plagg flew out from his pocket.

"Are you ok, kid?" Plagg asked.

"I will be when I go see, Marinette. Plagg, Claws Out!" Adrien transformed and left through the window once more. He jumped from rooftop to rooftop eventually landing on Marinette's balcony. He knocked on the trapdoor that led to Marinette's room. She opened it letting him inside.

"Hey, Chaton. Is something wrong?" she asked.

"My father found out about us."

"How..."

"Lila told him."

"Isn't this great though. It means that we don't have to tell him ourselves now."

"No, it's not."

"What's the problem?"

"Marinette, he told me to break up with you and that he doesn't approve of our relationship. I told him about how much I loved you and that I was never ever going to do that to you. I stormed off and came here."

"Oh, Adrien." Marinette came up to him and gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. They sat down on Marinette's bed. They stayed in each other's company quiet enough to make sure that Marinette's parents didn't come up to check on them.