Chapter 3

August.

I feel like a changed man ever since I've been back with Reginæ. I can't even explain how that goes it just feels so right.

I looked at her and smiled as she slept maybe it was meant for us to get back together.

"Why you staring at me?"

"Cause I can.. problem?"

She shook her head as she climbed out the bed and went into the bathroom.

"So how long yo stay here?"

"I got a meeting Monday for my job."

"You taking it?"

"No its a meeting to see if I'm qualified to take over the building I work in and I'll still be making what they said."

I smirked and motioned her to come straddle me.

"August I feel bad."

"Bad bout?"

"You standing her up like that.. you just had a daughter and you seem nonchalant. If she finds out what you really did she'll probably do something crazy."

"She ain't crazy ma, and she ain't gone take her away."

"You don't know her then because she had the nerve to tell me that when y'all get married you was gone forget all about me & Mell and tend to her and Elizabeth."

"Damn! She said that? When?"

"That day I went over to tell you he had an appointment coming up."

I nodded my head rubbing on my gotee.

"She ain't gone take her ma, she might be mad but she gone be gettin' child support.. so stop worrying about that. I can handle it."

"Okay.." she kissed my lips and laid her head on my chest.

"What we gone do while we here together?"

She shrugged her shoulders getting out of the bed.

"I'm too tired to do anything, you see how long it took me to get out the bed." She mumbled limping her way into the bathroom.

"Cause of me" I smirked.

She came back out rolling her eyes as she began pulling clothes from her suitcase.

"Aye I'm about to go to Chris's."

"Why?"

"That's where my clothes are."

She nodded her head and walked back into the bathroom. I looked on the nightstand and grabbed one of her room keys and left.

Reginæ.

I felt like I was on a natural high with August being back with me. It felt so good getting to sleep in his little arms again, I didn't even want him to leave the room. I just want to lay on bed all day and make up all the time we lost.

Once I got out the shower I grabbed my phone to call his mom so I could check on Mell.

"Hey momma."

"Hi sweetie."

"How's my stanka doing?"

"Great, how's my stanka doing?"

"He's fine" I laughed a little bit.

"I'm glad y'all back together and everything but he needs to apologize to that girl for standing her up. I've never in all my 50 years never seen a man stand up a woman on their wedding day."

"I know I know."

"Well I got to go and tell him he better call her cause she worried. I can't lie for him anymore."

I nodded my head as if she could see me and hung up the phone. I threw on some clothes and laid in bed.

I know it's selfish of me for having August with me when he should be with her but it's not my fault, he came onto me first.

After months of not seeing him we come in contact in the same hotel and he has sex with me a day before his wedding. I wiped the tears off my face that I didn't even know was on my face.

I can't do this, I can't be with August. I feel so bad about this because if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be crushed.

The door opened and August walked in with his suitcase.

"Wassam ma? Why you cryin'?"

"August I know you said it's alright but it's not! I know I wanted you back but it's hard because I know she's going to be hurt when she finds out you left her for me. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was me I would be crushed."

"Shh it's going to be alright." He got in the bed and started rubbing on my back.

"Look ma, stop stressin' bout it. We gone be good.. what's the worst that could happen?"

I sat there just thinking about what he said until I felt myself falling asleep.

August.

I was sitting here looking at Næ sleeping peacefully; recollecting my thoughts on what I was going to tell Francesca. Trying to come up with a lie was harder than I thought so I decided to call her and tell the truth, just to get it out the way.

"Oh my God! August are you alright!?"

"Yeah ma I'm fine. How are you and little momma?"

"She's good, I'm worried about you.. what happened?"

"Didn't my mom tell you?"

"You actually think I believe that August? Since when have you heard about a plane breaking down. I could see if you would've said the flight was late or you missed it."

I signed knowing that she was smart as hell and to be honest it caught me off guard. I know I couldn't lie to her now.

"Look ma I love you, but I don't think I'm in love with you.. I rushed our relationship and I proposed to you earlier than I expected.. my head wasn't right I thought I was ready but I guess not.. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you or anything I really am."

"Godley August, you could've had the common courtesy to tell me before the wedding day. You stood me up! Thank god I'm the bride and the groom is the one to wait because if I would've walked out there before your momma telling me what she did and not see you I would've been hell."

I rubbed my temples as she kept going on and on and on. But I'm glad she's not as mad as I thought she was gone be.. she's taking it better than I thought.

"So what we gone do about Elizabeth?"

"Co-parent I guess.. we can settle that in court when you come back."

I nodded my head as if she could see me.

"Alright ma I love you.."

"I love you too."