Chapter 5

Jane's POV

After texting Jeff's friend where to find him, I made some food for me and my 'geust'. I was making some instant ramen on the stove when I decided to check up on Jeff.

When I walked close to the guest bedroom I could hear shuffling.

"He must be awake." I thought as I opened the door slowly. He wasn't in the bed, where I put him earlier.

I smirked,  knowing he couldn't do anything since I took his knives. There was a light shuffling sound behind me, so I made sure to keep my back to him and pull one of his blades from my boot.

Cockily, I say, "Looking for this?" Holding the knife so he could see it.

He grunted. "Yeah I'm gonna need that back..."

I decided it was enough hiding myself, so I turned towards him holding his knife out for him to take.

His eyes went wide. "Jane." He said surprised. His frigid, icy eyes bored into the black pools of my mask. He slowly took his knife from me and put it back in his hoodie pocket.

Jeff looked up at me again, giving me a look that said, "What are you up to?"

I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. "Don't give me that look..."

"Well what am I supposed to do?" He asked. "This is literally the first time in years that your not trying to rip my neck open!"

I just chuckled and nodded. He did have a point.

"Well... Maybe a 'thank you for saving my life'?" I said dryly.

Jeff had a big laugh at that. "You, the one whose been trying to kill me for years, saved me?"

I nod. "Oh don't get me wrong Jeffrey, I still want you dead as much as ever but..." I trailed off.

He was playing with his sleeve and I knew what I had to do. "Give me your arm." I demanded.

He got defensive, saying, "What! Why!"

I knew he wouldn't give in, so before he had time to process what was happening I grabbed his hand and rolled his sleeve showing the damage he inflicted on himself. Jeff looked down ashamed.

"Why?" I asked. That simple question triggered something in him because he fell to his knees and with tears in his eyes asked, "Why? Heh... why the hell not?"

Jeff's POV

"Why? Heh... why the hell not?" I muttered.

She got down on her knees and took of her mask to look me in the eyes. In all honesty she was beautiful. Her vibrant green eyes glowed in the dark room, and the scars left on her face from the fire. The fire I caused.

"Tell me why." she insisted. I sighed and started to list of everything. Lui, her, my parents, just being a total screw up, the list goes on.

After about thirty minutes I was finally finished. She glared at the floor while she though. Jane looked up at me with a look of disbelief. "Wait. You actually feel bad for burning me?"

"Of course I feel bad! I'm no monster, I'm just as human as you!" I yelled at her. She stumbled back at my sudden outburst.

I sigh and wipe my tears. "I'm leaving. I'm guessing you're the one that's been stalking me so if you need me you know where to find me."

I made my way out of the decrepit house and onto the dark street. I was only a block away from the house, so I decided to sprint all the way back.

Jane's POV