Chapter 5

Zim watched as Dib ran off of school grounds, moving farther and farther down the street sidewalk. What was going on? Why as Dib-thing acting so weird, and leaving when his school studies were unfinished? "Dib! Come back!!" Zim called out, although the human was too far away to hear what he was saying. The alien hesitated for a moment, looking back at the student filled halls, and moved quickly to catch up to him. "Stupid human, i have better things to do than chase after you." After Zim had gotten farther away from the school, he took out his pak legs and climbed up the nearest building, like a strangely oversized spider. He moved swiftly from building  to building, the ends of his pak legs hooking on to the brick walls easily. Noticing Dib's house was only a block away now, he sprang off of a young ladies' rooftop. As his pak legs retreated back into place, the woman was looking up from a book in her hands, incredibly confused by what she just saw. "Excuse me what were you-" "SILENCE. YOU SAW NOTHING." "Oh, uh ok." She oddly sat back down in her chair, and continued to read. Zim smirked, and walked over to the Dib-thing's house.

   Zim knocked on Dib's door, adjusting his collar, putting one hand behind his back and straightening out his posture. He waited a while but got no response, Zim frowned and knocked harder. "Its me, Zim! Now open the door this instant Dib-Thing, and i did NOT come all the way across town for you to be this rude." Zim heard some rummaging, and and slowly, Dib cracked open the door. He seemed a bit distraught, his face a slight red tone."Go away Zim, i want to be alone right now." Dib turned away, apparently finished with the conversation when Zim held the door open with his hand."Did you catch some sort of disease? Maybe your organs are rotting away right this minute, Zim can help with that!" Zim tried to walk inside the human's household, but it didn't seem like Dib was satisfied with his comment.

   "What? Oh um, yeah i actually have a deadly sickness, It spreads easily so you should go before i infect you. As in right now."  Zim's eye's locked on Dib's, the warm hazel of his eyes hidden by the lack of light inside his house. The human's jet-black hair flowed beautifully, it looked so soft and delicate, with an upright stalk strangely sticking out from the rest. His features looked oddly pleasing to Zim, he didn't have a clue why. Maybe he wasn't ask dirty or stinky as the rest of the humans on the planet. Dib was starting to get annoyed, since it seemed like the alien wasn't listening at all to what he had said. "Look Zim, i don't think you understand but-" The alien grabbed Dib's hand gently, and held it in a soft clutch between his palms. Zim looked up with a questioning look on his face. Why was he holding the human's paw things like this? Eh, he could figure that out later. "Do you not wish for Zim's assistance?" He said in an almost longing manner. Dib's annoyed expression faded almost immediately after Zim had made contact with his hand, it seemed as if it was fidgeting slightly in the alien's grasp. "Oh, I um-" The human's cheeks were flustered, almost a deep red against his tanned skin. He let out a deep sigh, then smiled calmly back at Zim. "Yes Zim, i guess i do need your help after all."