Chapter 7: Now We're Older

Lissy: I'm taking over this very hard to deal with story. We've all sat in a facetime call and wondered what to do with this and genuinely couldn't come up with anything.

Dixie P.O.V.

I looked over at my clock and sat up on the bed. Empty again.

I don't know why I would expect anything different. I really just wanted to have someone to hold on to and to be close with, in my time of need. 

It sucks that someone who does this to a person can't even be bothered to stay until morning and say "Whoops my bad man."

I slipped on my flats and walked out into the streets of San Fransisco on the way to the doctors. I passed people who looked at me in awe, some even in disgust. I walked through the front door and up to floor three.

"Dixie Grayson!" the nurse called out as she looked around. I walked up and we went to the hospital room. She asked me to get changed into the johnny sitting on the end of the hospital bed and said that my doctor would be in in a few minutes. I hopped up on the bed after changing and sighed into my hands. 

There was a knock on the door as I looked up my normal doctor didn't walk in. Instead, her badge read Dr. Leslie Thomkins.

"Bruce sent you over didn't he?" I asked unamused.

"You're the one that's unamused Miss. Grayson, how the hell did this happen?" Leslie asked taking out her stethoscope. 

"It was a wild night, there was an alleyway and one thing lead to another bam here I am now," I said laughing.

"Bruce was worried when he heard the news, he almost sent Wally here to check on you," Leslie said waggling her eyebrows.

"Anyone but him holy hell, I would actually die," I spit out between laughs. 

"Roy was pretty worried too, after Jade going through something similar to this he has the right," Leslie added.

"No one has the right to be worried for me anymore Leslie, believe it or not, I do have some sense of self-control," I said with my eyebrows raised.

"Dixie look where you are right now, do people with self-control end up here, no they don't. People with self-control end up in cubicles or becoming lawyers. You have no self-control and that's why you always end up in these situations," Leslie said feeling my neck.

"Just tell me if I'm okay or not," I said shaking my hair back over my shoulders and leaning into the palms of my hands with my head looking down toward her.

"You are definitely not okay," Eve said rolling her eyes in my head. 

"You're not okay Dixie, you are eighteen and this shouldn't have happened. Unless this was just some big thing to get Bruce worried," Leslie said waving her arms around to get my attention.

"So not okay," Eve snickered in the back of my mind. 

"I don't care about what Bruce thinks I care about what I think and what the public thinks of me when I'm out as you know who," I retorted rolling my eyes. 

"There is going to be none of you know who while you have this situation that you're in," Leslie said crossing her arms.

"Yeah, I get that, the first month in I stopped. Just because Bruce doesn't know how to be a father doesn't mean that I don't know ho wot be a proper mother," I said realizing that I had just said the "M" word. The first step was always acceptance. Five months in and I still hadn't thought about the fact that I was going to be a mother but Tim had ratted me out.

"Good to know, now hold still, I'm testing some blood."

Being a mom was going to suck