Is This Curse or Luck?

In 2012

Hwang Hee sipped his miyoguk until the last drop before rushing to return to the hospital. Today, he is thirty years old. His mother forced him who was busy being an intern at the hospital to go home and eat miyoguk, seaweed soup that is usually eaten by Koreans on birthdays. He was late for college because he prefers to enter the military first and work in part-time job to pay for his college.

"Uh, wait, wait," Mother called before Hwang Hee closed the door.

"What else is there, Mom?"

His mother put something in his shirt pocket. He reached into his pocket and found a cloth bag filled with amulets.

Hwang Hee snorted irritably, "Mom..."

"Don't argue. You're thirty now."

Until now, Hwang Hee's mom still believes the prophecy that Hwang Hee thought was ridiculous. Every day his mother goes to the temple to pray and take talismans. Hwang Hee was fed up, but couldn't forbid his mother to do that. He knew, his mother was only afraid to lose again after his father's death.

And there's actually a stronger reason why his mother insisted that the talisman had to be brought by Hwang Hee tonight besides his age of thirty, which was because tonight was a crescent night.

~~~

After getting off the bus, Hwang Hee waiting for the crossing light turn into green. That's when he see a girl standing across the street. The girl is holding a cellphone with earphones in her ear. There was nothing really special, but for some reason Hwang Hee's eyes kept watching her until the green light up.

Hwang Hee and the girl both started to cross. They passed each other in the middle. Hwang Hee glanced at her, her eyelashes adorned her beautiful big eyes.

When he was almost to the other side, suddenly there was a loud crash and screams of woman. Hwang Hee turned around quickly, seeing the girl he had glanced at was already lying on the asphalt. A motorcycle ran a red light and hit her. Instead of being responsible, at least apologize, the motorcycle ran away.

"Are you okay?" Hwang Hee asked checking the girl's condition.

"Ouch ... it hurts ... it hurts ..." The girl groaned while clutching her shoulder.

Hwang Hee called someone, "Sis, I was at the front stop of the hospital. There was an accident and suffered a shoulder dislocation."

Shortly after, an ambulance arrived. Together with Hwang Hee, the girl was escorted to the hospital where Hwang Hee worked. Doctor Kim Ok Vin, Hwang Hee's senior, came to check.

The patient's shirt had to be cut because a shoulder injury prevented her from taking her clothes.

"Anesthesia," Ok Vin ordered after checking the x-ray results.

Quickly and carefully, Hwang Hee prepares a syringe and anesthetizes the patient's shoulder area locally. dr. Kim Ok Vin, who is an orthopedic specialist, pulls and returns bones to their original position in the shoulder joint. After putting on the patient's clothes, the shoulders are given an arm sling.

After the nurse listed the girl for administrative purposes and contacted the guardian, Hwang Hee secretly peeked at the data.

Name: Kim Ji Won.

Date of birth: October 19, 1988

Occupation: college student

Address: Dongdaemun-gu, Jegi-dong blablabla