Say You'll Love Me Again

Beginning in 2014, a few hours before the meeting at Seocho Hospital.

Kim Ji Won was at Kukkiwon Taekwondo Headquarters in Gangnam, interviewing some gold medalist taekwondo athletes, including her best friend, Do Hoon who finally won his first gold medal last year. She was with her senior who served as a photographer, Song Joong Ki.

It wasn't until a year that she was in Toronto, five months ago she was pulled back to the headquarters in Jung-gu, Seoul. Now she fills the sports column.

"It's exactly right that you entered the sports department, because you have a friend of an athlete," Joong Ki said, cleaning up his camera equipment.

"Hmm ... but I prefer writing criminal news or natural disasters," Ji Won said while carrying her laptop backpack.

"You were not traumatized while doing a tornado storm reportage in America while you were on duty there?"

"No, that's exciting."

Joong Ki fell open, "terrible woman ..."

While walking to the car park, Ji Won suddenly squatted while squeezing her stomach.

"Huh ... why? Stomach ache? Want to poop? Go to the toilet there, I'll waiting in the car."

But Ji Won shook her head. Joong Ki squats down too.

"What's wrong? Don't scare me ..."

At that time Do Hoon, who had replaced his dobok with a shirt and jeans, saw them. He immediately ran over to Ji Won with worried face.

"What happened to you? Are you all right?"

Ji Won didn't answer.

"Is the pain coming again?"

Ji Won nodded.

"I told you, you should go to the hospital ..."

"No need, just taking medicine, i will be okay."

Joong Ki thought for a moment, "the menstrual pain medicine that you take normally, you mean? Geez... I thought why, just menstrual pain."

"But it looks like it's getting worse. Is all women be like this? As I recall, my female friends never got this serious pain," said Do Hoon.

"That's right ... you reminded me of my cousin. Every period, her stomach always in pain, even can not get out of bed. It turns out she has uterine cancer."

Do Hoon gasped at this, "You can't let it go, let's go to the hospital now!"

Ji Won shook her head.

"My family has a good obstetrician's subscription. His practice is at Seocho Maternity Hospital. My wife also gave birth to our child there. Come on, I'll take you," Joong Ki said.

"There's no need ... we still have a lot of work to do," Ji Won said.

"Ah ... it's easy. Just check for a while, after that you can go back to the office. I'll ask Mr Lee for permission."

"But..."

"Don't be stubborn!" Snapped Do Hoon, "or I will carry you!"

Ji Won gave up, "okay ..."

Do Hoon led Ji Won to Joong Ki's car and they went to the hospital.

~~~

"cyst ... what?" Asked Do Hoon after Prof. Hong diagnosed the cause of illness that Ji Won experienced every month with ultrasound.

"Endometriosis cysts," corrected Prof. Hong "When ovulation, the lining of the uterus will thicken, if there is no fertilization, then the thickened endometrial will shed into menstrual blood. But the endometrial tissue in your uterus is also outside the uterine wall, causing it to decay during menstruation, but cannot come out and settle. How long have you been in pain? It seems like a long time that the deposits have become cysts. "