Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Evan pays for the check and we head out of the restaurant. Before we make our way to the car Evan stops me. I look up at him confused and he just smiles.

“Would you like to take a walk before we go?” He asks.

“Isn’t it a little cold?” I say looking at the snow-filled sidewalks.

“Just a quick one. It won’t be long, Scout‘s honor.” He says holding up two fingers.

“Sure, why not.”

We walk across the street to town central. It’s a beautiful area with trees up and down the pathway that leads to the pavilion in the center. Everything is lit up in twinkling lights and beautiful blankets of snow.

Evan holds my hand as we walk at a slow pace just enjoying the scenery.

“So there is something that I wanted to talk to you about.” Evan says looking a little nervous.

I stop walking and look at him curiously.

“Let’s take a seat.” He says motioning to a bench right by us.

We both sit down and he grabs my hand again.

“Okay so I know we have only been dating for two months, and I know you want to take things slow, but there is something that I have been meaning to ask you. You can say no if you want, I won’t be mad.”

“Evan just spit it out.” I say not really sure if I should be excited or worried. I mean, is he breaking things off?

“Okay so I was wondering, if at all possible, you would be my girlfriend?” he says quickly and looks away.

I’m a little shocked but absolutely ecstatic. “Are you serious?” I ask to be sure.

He looks at me and smiles. “More serious than anything in the world. I know it’s a little soon but I can’t imagine you with anyone else. You are on my mind all day and all night. I smile every time I think about you, especially the way your eyes twinkle when your excited. I lay in bed late at night and imagine you laying there with me. I imagine the kids in the other room fast asleep while we lay in our bed with me holding you tight.” I feel my eyes getting watery. Not because I’m sad, but because I can’t help but to feel such happiness in his words. “I can smell your sweet lavender scent and your fruity shampoo. I fall right to sleep with that thought in my head and wake up only to find that it wasn’t real. I want to make us work Lee. I want to marry you and have more children. I want us to be a family. You, me, Ryland, and Chelsea. Hell, your mom can move in if you want.” At that statement I can’t help but laugh.

“Evan you have no idea how happy you have just made me. I would love to be your girlfriend and work our way towards marriage. My children love you and so does my mother. I also can’t imagine my life without you again. I lost you once and I can’t do it again. You don’t ever have to imagine me with anyone else. You are the one, and hopefully, will always be the one.” 

He gazes in my eyes and smiles his thousand-watt smile.

“I love you Lee,” he says with so much emotion that I know he means it.

“And I love you Evan.” I reply.

He then kisses me softly. Its sweet and delicate. He then slowly slides his tongue on my bottom lip and I can’t help but take in a sharp breath at my arousal. He pulls away and his eyes are dark with need.

“Do you want to come back to my place for a while? I mean, if you want. We don’t have to,” I cut him off by putting my finger on his lips.

“Let’s get out of here. I definitely want to.” I say in the most sensual way I can.