Three: To the Cosmodrome

"Stargazing?" asked Amanda Holliday, the Tower shipwright. "Immediately after the Vanguard goes out to fight the Vex? You seriously expect me to believe that?"

"...yeah?," Hunter said. "I was thinking I'd try to get a good look at the Andromeda if I fly near the northern hemisphere."

Hunter was known to love stargazing, he'd been looking up since he was a child. With humanity's access to the cosmos provided by Traveler, Hunter's curiosity was never left unsatisfied. Curiosity, however, was not the reason he needed to use Cayde's old ship.

Amanda skeptically looked at the young man, "And that's all you're going to do right? Stargazing for about an hour, then right back here."

"You'll never know I was gone," Hunter smirked.

Amanda paused, and her expression softened. "I must be outta my damn mind."

Needless to say, Amanda had a soft spot for Hunter. She and Cayde were close, and Hunter had become something of a little brother to her. Moments later, Hunter was in the cockpit of Cayde's old ship, taking off.

"I want you back here in an hour," Amanda said over the comms, "and don't do anything stupid."

"I'll be back before you know it," Hunter replied, "Promise!"

And I might just have a story about taking down some Vex when I get back, he thought to himself.

And with that, Hunter was off, on his way to see for himself if those stories about the ruthless Vex were true.

To the Cosmodrome...