Chapter 2: The Last City

A/N - So uhh, we ain't gonna talk about that time gap from the last time I updated this book.. Just enjoy the chapter I guess.

Devin's PoV -

Lyrix: "Welcome to the last safe City on Earth - the only place The Traveler can still protect. It took us centuries to build this place. But now, we're just counting every day this place stands. And so, this is the place where Guardians live."

I'm transmatted out from my newfound ship onto the ground. I looked around the Tower. There were Guardians everywhere. It surprised me just how many Guardians there were. They were everywhere: in the plaza, on top of buildings, riding a purple ball. That last one was a bit suspicious, but alas. You've got to find something to entertain yourself with, am I right?

I start to walk around the place, looking at almost everything there was in the plaza. That was until I heard a particular conversation from two Guardians.

???: "Hurry up, man! We gotta pick up the new light and get them to the Vanguard!"

??? #2: "Alright, calm the fuck down! I'm trying to finish my oatmeal for fucks sake! Not my fucking fault I burned it, jeez.."

(If my friend is reading this, they'll understand the oatmeal part XD)

???: "Your ass better hurry up or I'm gonna force it down, you fucking Warlock!"

??? #2: "You wanna fucking go bro?! 'Cause I'll beat your sorry Hunter-looking ass! Right here, right now!"

They both stood there, glaring at each other like there was no tomorrow. They slowly walked towards each other, a knife in the Hunter's right hand and a glowing orange ball in the Warlock's left hand along with his bowl of oatmeal in his right hand.

Devin: "Hey, hey. Uhh, why don't we just calm down?"

??? and ??? #2: "Who the fuck are you?"

Devin: "Oh, my bad. My name is Devin and I'm new around here."

They both looked at each in shock, like they just made an awesome discovery. They turned to each other, nodded, and calmed down.

???: "Sorry 'bout that. My name's Julian and this is Marcos. I'm a hunter and he's a Warlock."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Marcos "Shady" Dorado

Race: Awoken