three

YERIM DID not expect that this guy is her best friend's boyfriend

          YERIM DID not expect that this guy is her best friend's boyfriend. Taeyong smiled and acted like they haven't met each other before, "Hello, my name is Lee Taeyong." He introduced and offered a handshake.

Yerim felt nervous. She can feel her hands shaking and lips quivering. "I'm Yerim, Seulgi's best friend." Yerim smiled back, acting like she's okay.

"That's good. Now let's eat lunch." Seulgi said and lead the way. 

"I'll get my phone first. You can start without me. I'll be back." Yerim said not sounding rude. She entered the room and heaved a sigh.

Taeyong is her ex boyfriend and she just wants him out of their life. 

Yerim excitedly walked to the park where they usually meet. She haven't seen her boyfriend for almost 2 weeks because she's been too busy finishing her school works. She missed Taeyong a lot because he hasn't been replying to her texts, but it doesn't matter now that he asked to meet her.

She kept waiting, an hour already passed and the sky starts to turn dim. Yerim kept looking at her phone in case Taeyong cancelled the plans, yet there's none. Her hope starts to decrease, is he still coming?

After a long wait, she decided to just leave. The exact moment she stood up, she saw Taeyong running his way to her. Yerim smiled. When he's already in front of her, she hugged him. The sweet smell of Vanilla is one of the most things she missed about him. She finds it attractive.

Taeyong didn't hug the petite girl back, instead he grabbed her shoulders and faced her. 

"I need to tell you something." His seriousness scared the girl a little. Yerim smiled and Taeyong sighed. "Let's break up." With those words, tears pricked the girl's eyes.

She never expected to hear those three words. They are just three words but the impact of it is really big. For a year and a month they've been together, she heard it. 

"What's wrong? Why are you doing this?" Yerim didn't let her tears fall. She tried to sound brave. 

"It's just tiring. I fell out of love. I think being in a relationship isn't my priority." Taeyong explained. Yerim still can't believe this is happening.

"Then I'll wait for you. I'll wait a thousand years, just please don't leave me forever." Yerim started to beg. She knelt and held the side of Taeyong's sweater. "Please." 

"I'm sorry." Taeyong removed Yerim's hold from her and left. He left her crying, in pain, in tears. He left her with a broken heart, he left her forever.

Yerim wanted to tell Seulgi about it, but she doesn't know how. Yerim doesn't want the same thing to happen to her best friend. What if that time comes and Taeyong fell out of love, too? She wanted to warn Seulgi. At the same thought, she doesn't want to break her happiness. From the way she talk about the guy, you can feel her love.

So she decided not to tell Seulgi. She will just watch Taeyong. She will just protect Seulgi from the guy, without her knowing. 

Seulgi never had the idea of Taeyong as Yerim's boyfriend before. Taeyong never wanted anyone to know that he and Yerim were together. Taeyong threatened Yerim not to tell anyone of it, and how gullible Yerim is, she agreed. Yerim was so in love with Taeyong before that she is willing to do everything for the sake of Taeyong and their relationship. 

And now that Yerim notices it, she felt a sting in her heart when she saw Seulgi and Taeyong all cuddled up in their apartment's couch watching netflix. Then she realized, do I still like Taeyong? After all that Taeyong has done to her, Yerim will never forget the fact that they lasted for a year and 1 month, and she was really in love. And adding the fact that Taeyong was her first love, it was really hard to move on. 

But Yerim is old enough to realize that Taeyong was still a heart breaker, and that Seulgi deserve someone better. 

Seulgi would invite Yerim to join them, but Yerim would refuse, even with the non sense excuses. Seulgi wanted to know why Yerim was acting like that. Seulgi wanted to talk to Yerim whenever they have a time free. 

And that came. They both had time for themselves. They were playing their basic favorite game, Uno. Like the usual, Seulgi would still lose from Yerim. 

"You need more practice, my dear." Yerim boasted with a proud smile on her face. 

"Yeah right. Soon, I'll beat you to it." Seulgi replied. Yerim just stuck her tongue out to Seulgi. "Anyways, Yerim I have something to ask you." Yerim looked at her best friend with questioning eyes. "Are you jealous of me and Taeyong?" And that left Yerim with a shock. Did Seulgi notice? Or did Taeyong tell Seulgi about our past relationship? 

But Yerim played it cool. "Why would you say that?" Yerim asked. 

"Well, because every time I would ask you to join me and Taeyong, you would refuse." Seulgi explained. "Look, I know you miss those times where all my time is for you and studies. Why don't you get a boyfriend? You've never had a boyfriend." Seulgi said. If only Seulgi knew. 

Weeks passed and Seulgi kept pushing Yerim to get a boyfriend, and Yerim had enough.

"Seulgi, when are you gonna stop?" Yerim irritatedly said.

"Until you get a boyfriend." Seulgi answered.

Yerim can't take of this enough and spit words she regretted. "I have a boyfriend, okay?"

Seulgi was left dumbfounded. She felt betrayed. "Kim Yerim! I am your best friend and partner in life. I tell you all about my relationship and you didn't even tell me about your boyfriend? Tell me who is it?" 

Yerim sighed. Yerim thought of the only person she can easily get. "Jeon Jungkook, our next door neighbor."