Chapter Twenty Eight

Jasmine

"Get your fucking hands off me!" You could hear Lexi shouting down the corridor in the labour ward as soon as we got out the lift. "I swear to god Sam, If you put that face cloth on me again, I'm going to rip your balls off!"

Sam met us at the door, looking a bit worse for wear. "She's fuckin' possessed."

"Don't be so dramatic Sam," My mother appears behind me, "How is she doing?"

Sam gives her a confused look. "Mum, what part of, 'She's fuckin' possessed didn't you understand."

Mum rolls her eyes and walks passed Sam into the room, He looked between me and Christian. "Enter at your own risk, I'm going to get some holy water."

"I'll join you, brother." Christians says, kissing me on the top of my head and then following my brother down the hall.

As I enter the room, there is a midwife seeing to Lexi. My mother is holding her hand and whispering encouraging words to her.

"Okay, your about eight centimetres dilated. Not long now and baby will be wanting to make an appearance," she says taking her gloves off. "I'll be back shortly to check up on you, if you need me before then just press the buzzer." With that she left the three of us alone.

"How are you doing Lex?" I ask walking over to the bed.

She looks at me exhausted, "I've had better days," giving me a weak smile.

"It will all be worth it in the end,"

She grips the bed tightly, "Oh god, here comes another one."

"Just squeeze my hand, honey

"Just squeeze my hand, honey." My mum says, then looks up at me, "Take her other hand Jazz."

I take Lexis hand. Jesus fucking Christ! For someone who is so small, her hands are like a vice round mine. I try to hide my pain from her, "Your doing great, Lexi."

"Where the fuck is Sam," she screams through the contraction. "The baby is coming, I need to push."

Shit!