Chapter 1

Wolf Moon

Ahmose Inarus

Disclaimer: I do not own Criminal Minds, nor do I make any profit off of writing this.

SLASH WARNING!!! Hotch / Reid

Written for the Chit Chat on Author's Corner Halloween Horrors Challenge. The moderators supplied a number of titles of the novels of the Master of Horror himself, Stephen King. We were to pick any title and write a fic using that as the prompt. I chose, "Cycle of the Werewolf".

This is not mine. The author's name is Ahmose Inarus.

Chapter 1

Quantico, Virginia

The first time Aaron Hotchner caught a whiff of that scent, he felt his ears perk and his hackles bristle... even though he wasn't even in his pelt. And to his confusion, the faint scent had come off of Gideon, who had just come from the Academy. Hotch could only come to the conclusion that the scent had come from one of the Cadets. Over the next few months, he caught a faint whiff of the same scent from time to time... and he didn't like it. As an Alpha Wolf, he didn't like others encroaching on his territory. With luck the young cadet wolf would be shipped off after graduation. And soon, the graduation day came.

Not long after, Hotch got a whiff of that scent again. At first it was faint. Frowning, he stood from his desk and stepped out of his office. And he got another whiff.

"Hey Hotch!" He looked at Gideon, who was down by the doors to the bullpen. And then Hotch spotted the boy beside him. Ah. The new team member. Dr. Spencer Reid. The boy was a certified genius, and as Gideon told it, a brilliant profiler. Hotch made his way across the bullpen.

"And this is Aaron Hotchner." Gideon announced. "Hotch... This is Dr. Reid." Derek Morgan stepped aside, and the young man turned and faced Hotch. And that scent filled his senses. It made his nostrils flare, his eyes widen and his pupils contract. He could feel his blood racing in his veins, and took all his self control not to bare his teeth and snarl at the young wolf before him.

Reid stared back, eyes wide in... fear. Hotch was surprised, but satisfied to see that fear. He stared the boy down, and felt that satisfaction swell when the boy lowered his eyes, admitting his submissive status to the larger male...

That evening, Hotch paced in his home.

Most of their kind lived in packs. He did when he was young. But DC and the surrounding areas were Neutral Territory. As it was not a state, but it's own district, so his kind adhered to that as well. No pack could claim it as its territory, every wolf was to respect one another, and these rules were not to be broken, on pain of death... But even so... it was wolf's instinct to claim his territory. And as such, no wolf really lived near another in the neutral territory... But now, a young male had moved into the area that Aaron Hotchner considered to be his territory, and this was NOT to be taken lightly.

The boy had showed the proper submission that day, but Hotch had to make sure that the boy KNEW his place...

He snorted and shook his head, collapsing onto the sofa and picking up his glass of bourbon, sipping it slowly. He rolled it around on his tongue before letting it slide down his throat. As he did, he let his head fall back onto the sofa and he stared at the ceiling. Once dark brown, his eyes were now a brilliant amber color, and he could feel his sharp teeth in his mouth, against his tongue. He longed to stretch his body out, slither out of his clothes and allow his sleek black pelt to overtake his form... to run through the dark on long legs, tasting the cool autumn air, and the hot blood of a kill...