a danish and an interview

"This is ridiculous," I say looking between my mom and sister

"This is ridiculous," I say looking between my mom and sister. We were currently standing outside Luke's because my mom was too scared to go into the dinner after her and Luke's fight.

"She's right you are being completely childish," Rory said to our mother.

"Am not," Mom responds.

"So what, we're just never gonna go into Luke's again? Am I gonna lose my job? Are we gonna starve?" I say as Rory nods along.

"Girl's this was a bad one, This was not Nick and Nora, this was Sid and Nancy, and I'm not going in there," Mom says this time finally giving the girls a somewhat serious answer.

"But the coffee is in there. And it's Danish Day. Are you seriously telling me that you're gonna let a stupid fight get in the way of Danish Day?" Rory says trying to convince mom to just go in but she still refuses and instead somehow convinces Rory and me to go into the dinner to get her her coffee and danish.

"Hey Luke," Rory and I say as we walk up to the counter.

"Um, I'll have three coffees and three cherry Danishes to go, please," Rory asked. Luke looked up at us as he repeated back our order.

"One of these is for her isn't it?" Luke said eyeing us.

"Who? Oh, no no no. They're all for us. We are super hungry today. I was debating ordering four, but I'll tell you how I feel after three." I said back.

"Tell you what, I'll give you one Danish and one cup of coffee, you can sit over there and eat, and when you're finished them right over there where I can see you, then I'll bring you a second one," Luke told us. I let out a loud sigh thinking about ridiculous my mom and luke were acting.

"Okay, this is insane. So you guys had a fight, big deal. You know you're gonna makeup anyway, and what better day to make up than Danish Day, the happiest of all days. The day when we all say, 'hey, let's forgive and forget over a nice Danish and a cup of coffee" Rory said and I nodded along agreeing with all the points she was making.

"Two danishes, two cups of coffee, take it or leave it," Luke told us firmly

"We'll take it. I still think you're being silly," I said and Luke handed Rory and me our coffee and danish.

As we walked out all I could think about was the fact that one of us was going to have to share our coffee and danish with mom and I was not looking forward to that conversation.

"Well?" mom asked us eagerly

"He would only sell me one," Rory told mom

"And I'm not sharing I got home late from work and had to stay up almost all night to study, I deserve this," I said looking between them and waving my coffee and danish around.

"Ugh! Rude!" mom protested

"As much as id love to listen to keep this conversation about coffee and danishes going, I actually really wouldn't. So Rory I'll meet you at the bus stop," I said leaving them with a smile on my face.