little debbies

We were sitting in Luke's waiting to get our coffee and breakfast, I was still half asleep while mom was reading Rory's essay and Rory was anxiously waiting for mom's opinions

We were sitting in Luke's waiting to get our coffee and breakfast, I was still half asleep while mom was reading Rory's essay and Rory was anxiously waiting for mom's opinions. The diner was pretty busy this morning and Luke seemed pretty overwhelmed. Letting out a sigh I got up from my seat and made my way behind the counter and grabbed a couple of the ready orders bringing them to the customers. As I made my way back to the counter I grabbed the pot and began filling mom and Rory's mugs when Luke walked up behind me.

"Okay, what do you want? Eggs, toast, combo?" Luke asked them while grabbing the coffee pot from my hand. "Sit. I'll get your breakfast."

"I'm just gonna grab a bagel. Don't worry about me." I tell him.

"What's the rush there, Zippy?" mom asked Luke.

"I'm just swamped this morning. I was supposed to have help but I don't. So order right now or I'm bringing the both of you an egg white omelet with a side of steamed spinach." Luke explains.

"Pancakes," "French toast," Mom and Rory call out.

"Hello. I am right here ready to help until I have to go to school." I said waving my arms around a bit. Luke gives me a little glare.

"Thank you." He says as Jess makes his way into the diner from upstairs. "Jess, you were supposed to be down here. . . .what the hell is that?"

"What?" Jess asked looking from Luke to me.

"That," Luke says pointing at Jess' shirt. "That is a shirt," Jess retorts back.

"Change," Luke tells him beginning to get frustrated with his nephew. "What?"

"Go upstairs and change your shirt," Luke tells him again and I can't help but smile while trying to hold back a laugh.

"I like this shirt," Jess says looking down at his shirt and then back to Luke.

"How can you like that shirt?" Luke asks.

"It brings out my eyes," "It's a good band," Jess and I speak at the same time. Luke lets out a loud sigh.

"Hey, part of the deal of you staying here is that you work here, and when you work here you will wear proper work attire, and that is not proper work attire. Now go upstairs and change into something that won't scare the hell out of my customers." Luke says firmly.

"Whatever you say, Uncle Luke," Jess says and makes his way back upstairs.

"Aw Uncle Luke how cute," I say amused by what Luke had been called.

"Do not start with me," he says pointing an accusing finger my way and I hold my hands up in surrender.