chapter fifteen

☆

☆.。.:*   Ginny and The Manor .。.:*☆

Heat swirled all around them, the comforting smell of burning wood and maple syrup surrounding them, warmth emitted from the furnace in front of them. Ginny sprawled drowsily on the large couch casting little charms into the air, small threads of light arising.

   Hermione sat at the end, book in hand, curled up with a felted blanket on her lap. The entire house utterly silent.

     "How long must they take?" Ginny groaned as she sat up clearly bored. Hermione scanned over the last line of the page before glancing at the woman before her.

"Who knows," Hermione shrugged, continuing her reading.

Ginny not so satisfied, only snatched the book from Hermione's hands.

  "Hey!" Hermione called, reaching out to grab her book back, though Ginny had been faster, in a split second- her book had vanished.

"Hermione, I'm bored. I thought we were gonna spend some time together," Ginny pouted, Hermione only rolled her eyes and pushed the girl playfully.

   "We are," Hermione stated, "now give me my book back."

Ginny frowned at her.

   Hermione had been thrilled to come to the Burrow. It had been a chance for her to spend more time with her friends, though Harry, Ron, and Mrs. Weasley had gone out to get some food and other supplies- Mr. Weasley was still at work and George had gone out with his friends, leaving them at the house.

    "After we talk," Ginny replied, a grin coming upon her face.

"About?" Hermione asked, sitting up- cross-legged facing Ginny.

   Ginny rolled her eyes at her, lightly hitting her on the leg,

"What do you mean 'about'? You're living with Death Eaters, not to mention the most notorious Slytherin trio- what's it like?"

  Hermione sighed, she often overlooked those facts, had forgotten she lived under the same roof as them. Mainly because she rarely ever saw them.

   "Well..." Hermione rubbed the back of her neck, thinking of a way to answer, "They're...nice?"

   Ginny only stared at her blankly, "Nice...nice? Hermione!" She exclaimed, a humorous snort arising from her.

  Hermione lightly laughed, "What is there to say? They're hospitable. I hardly see anyone- except for when we dine, even then, not all of them go to eat. I've only been out once or twice with Blaise, Theodore, and Malfoy." Hermione paused sorting through her thoughts, "Although I did witness Lucius Malfoy eating some pancakes for breakfast- how odd he looked with the fluffy-"

   Hermione paused upon witnessing Ginny with her jaw slightly ajar and her eyes wide as saucers. She couldn't help bust out in a fit of giggles.