•flashbacks•

Sorry this chapter is v short

Flashback

"No stop!" I scream, covering my face. The three men kept hitting me with the guns, punishing me from trying to leave. I was so close; my fingertips were on the door but it was locked. One of the men hit me with the back of his gun onto my upper back, hitting the bone.

I screamed even louder, it felt like it was broken. But my pain didn't stop the guards. I shielded my face and all of a sudden I felt this strange power flow through me, it went from my fingertips to my head. I felt dizzy from the overwhelming power and it reached my eyes.

My eyes felt heavier than before and as I opened them, the pain stopped. The power went away so fast, my eyes felt light and I didn't feel dizzy anymore. However, my upper back still hurt.

"Wow, Y/N. You okay?" Mike asked. I looked up and he looked terrified. I looked down again and I could barely see my reflection in the water however, I could see a sight, a sight I never want to see in my life ever again. My eyes were pitch black and small purple veins were forming around my face.

I swore that I would never use my powers again after what happened a few years ago. It was too dangerous and I can't control it well enough. I gasped and quickly closed my eyes, wanting the power to go away.

Go away, go away, go away.

Then the power just went away.

I opened my eyes and looked around, everyone was scared or shocked. I looked at Mike and he was terrified, almost tears in his eyes.

"I am so sorry," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled him in a hug; he wrapped his arms around my lower back and dug his head into my neck. I then let a tear fall, I felt so bad. I didn't even know how it happened, it was like the one spot on my back just has not healed from the time I ran away from the lab.

Mike let go of me and gave me a soft smile,

"It's okay, I'll be fine. You go home with Will and get some rest." He said, rubbing my shoulders.

I nodded my head and sighed, looking down at our feet. Max and El both swam up to me and gave me a small hug before El hugged Mike and Max went back to the edge of the pool.

I smiled at Mike and turned around, meeting eyes with Will. He opened his arms and I dove into them, immediately feeling safe. After he gave me a tight hug, he put his arm around me and walked me out of the pool.

Will wrapped a towel around me and he turned around,

"See you guys tonight for dinner?"

"Definitely," Mike replied, giving him a warm smile. I smiled at the group and waved them goodbye. Will and I walked out of the pool area and went up the stairs to our room.

Mike's POV

Why was I jealous when he put his arm around her?