Chapter 1: Carter

6 months ago

I'm running late to my first date in months. That's going to be a really great impression. I got a call for a robbery at a local Quick Mart so my partner, Benji, and I go to check it out and of course it turns into a shit show. We show up and some asshole is holding the clerk at gun point. I pull my gun on him and the fucker has the balls to shoot at me. Luckily, he misses..but I don't.

So that's why I'm now flying down the interstate in my truck, hair wet, trying to button my shirt with one hand and steering with the other. If I get pulled over I will punch someone in the face. I've had a shitty day. I've been looking forward to this date all week after Benji told me about it. I've only been on the force for about a year, after going to the state college for two years to get an associates degree in business and then working for my dad at his construction company for another four years.

The plan was to take over my dad's construction company, but after the flu epidemic spread and women were dying and losing their ability to have kids that all went to shit. Construction business has been really slow and my dad can only afford to keep a few guys on staff anyway, so he wasn't too hurt when I told him I needed a change in scenery.

My heart just wasn't in it anymore after seeing the increase in crime and the downfall of civilization. I just knew that I was needed elsewhere. I quickly got accepted into the police academy because they were so desperate and got put on a fast track program. 3 months later I was a cop. I've been Benji's partner for 6 months and he's become one of my best friends. We have been through some shit and every single day we are out in the field we are risking our lives for civilians and for each other. It's so fucking dangerous, but I must be sick or something because I get an adrenaline rush every time we get a call like today.

My date is with Cassidy, one of Benji and his sister Abby's, close friends. He has talked about her so frequently over the last six months I feel like I already know her. I've seen her picture so I know she's hot and she's a nurse so I know she must be an adrenaline junky like me. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that she has two kids. Benji said her Mom died a while back and she picked up two little sisters from her Mom so kuddos to her for being a good person and all, but I really don't know the first fucking thing about kids.

I do have sympathy for those kids though. I know what it's like not to have your mom around.  My Mom was never around, she left early on when I was in grade school. My dad said she had an affair and chose the new man over her husband and child. I never looked for her and don't really care too. My dad is a really great man and we are fine just him and I. I've never needed anybody else and I don't now.. but a girl would be nice.

I do want to eventually get married and having someone to come home too sounds pretty damn nice. I'm 29 and I know I'm decent looking and work hard to keep my body in shape, you'd think I'd have a lot of options, but there aren't many after the number of females declined so quickly. Most are already taken, chose to have multiple partners or sleep around because they are fucking worshiped by anyone with a dick.

So that's how I found myself here. Parked in front of an older, single story house that looks like it's recently been remodeled. The house looks good, but this neighborhood looks like shit. I don't like the idea of a single woman and her kids living someplace like this, but who am I to judge.

My hair is still damp and I have to fix two buttons that I buttoned incorrectly, but otherwise it's as good as it's going to get.  I jog up the pathway checking my watch to see I'm a whole 20 minutes late. She might not even answer the door, or she might answer and bitch me out then shut it in my face. I feel a little nervous now that I'm ready to knock. It's been a while since I've been on an actual date with a respectable woman and not a quick dirty fuck with some girl I'll never see again.

I suck up the nerves and knock. I have to wait a whole minute before she finally answers the door. I'm greeted with one of the smallest women I've seen in a long time. Even with heels on she's so tiny I could snap her in the bedroom. She gives me a big smile and I swear to Christ my heart stops in my chest. I now feel like an idiot for making this girl wait on me and not making sure I didn't look my best.

She's not cute like I remember from Benji's pictures, she's fucking gorgeous. Long dark brown hair cascading down her back almost reaching her ass in soft curls. Honey, golden brown eyes framed by dark lashes. The longer I look I see defined muscles in her arms and calves even though she's so small. Her tits are a handful and perky, peeking out of a tight red lacy dress she's wearing. She makes it look classy, still covering the good parts, but showing me enough to let me know I want it.

I give her a huge smile back, probably looking like an absolute jackass, and thank God (and Benji) for bringing me to this woman's porch.

I want to know everything about her.