Chapter 3

After they taped my father's arm's behind his back and taped his mouth shut they put him in a van then they came back in and the president said "I'm Bishop, this his Hank, Taza, Riz, Creeper, the one hold you is Ez and you know Gilly and I'm sure Angel and Coco too. now you said you live here?" and I said "yes Afa is my dad." and Gilly says "what!?" and I said "he's my dad. well if you would ask him if he had kids he would say no because he says I'm not his." and Hank says "why's that?" and I said "my mom is Mexican, black hair and eyes, my dad is Samoan, black hair and eyes and I came out with grey eyes so he thinks I'm not his." and Gilly says "what happen to your mom?" and I said with a shakey voice "he shot her right before the shooting started." and he said "why?" and I said "he got home pissed and took it out on us." and Bishop says "happens alot?" and I said "he's been beating my mom since I was born and me when I would jump in front of my mom." and Gilly says "why didn't you tell me. I could have help you both get out!" and I said "she wouldn't leave. I tryed getting her to run away with me but she said no that he would change so I stayed with her." and Gilly said "your probably just lying to us. two years and you not once told me your father was in a gang. is your last name even Sánchez!?" and I said "yes my last name is Sánchez. I have my mom's last name and no I'm not lying. I never lied to you. does this look like I'm lying?" and I motion to my bloody clothes and beat up face then I motion to the room where my mother was lying motionless in. After I said that he just looked at me then walked out.